cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Creating a new SSID on the TalkTalk Sagemcom fast 5364-3.t8

justatalktalkhomeuser
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 19

I have recently been upgraded to the TalkTalk Sagemcom fast 5364-3.t8 router. My problem is that in the admin interface, I am unable to create a new SSID. Yes you can login and change name and password but I want to create a second SSID. This was possible and easy to configure with my last talktalk router, the dg8041w-2.t5. 

Does anyone have an idea how to achieve this?  I am a regular home user, not super IT geek so please be kind with replies and solutions!

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Excellent, Thanks for confirming.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

justatalktalkhomeuser
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 19

We are all sorted now, thanks.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

Good morning,

Do you still need assistance with this?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 19

Hi @justatalktalkhomeuser 

What firmware is your router running?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

It is odd as that's how I setup it up originally like Keith's screenshot but there is no mention at all of 'guest' for me to then configure..

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

OK, in which case call me puzzled by the discrepancies with what your router shows compared to Keith's.  🤔

Message 8 of 19

Hi Ferguson, 

Thanks for the suggestion however I need to have a separate 'guest' network exclusively away from my main one. 

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

If your issue is with some 2.4GHz devices not playing nice, you can just the change the name of one of the SSIDs e.g. add 5 to the 5GHz one. Obviously you will need to reconnect some wireless devices accordingly.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Hi Keith, 

Thats the thing, I dont have an option to see any guest SSID. The only cogs are for my main 2.4 and 5GHz.

justatalktalkhomeuser_0-1721247432155.png

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 19

Just log into the router & go to:-

Dashboard > See Wi-Fi Settings > Manage Advanced Settings

Then click on the gear icon of either the 2.4GHz Guest or the 5GHz Guest, enable it and configure as required:-

Configure Guest NetworksConfigure Guest Networks

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

justatalktalkhomeuser
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 19

Hello, thanks to everyone for the help a few months ago. Due to some problems, the talktalk tech team have changed some channels on my router settings and I have now lost my Guest SSID which I had been using as a second network.

From the web interface in advance settings, there doesn't appear to be an option to add one in. 

Please can someone help? !!

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 19

No, you can't use different channels for the guest networks, I raised this before with the developers. There is new firmware due sometime soon, but until I test it, I won't know what is fixed.

Keith

0 Likes

justatalktalkhomeuser
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 19

Amazing Keith 🏆

Thanks very much, that has enabled me to do it! 

Quick bonus question if I may. By default, the new guest 2.4Ghz and main home 2.4Ghz are using the same channel. The two 5 Ghz's share a different one. Is there an argument to separate these out further as four individual channels?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 19

Then it does support guest networks. Just go into the Advanced mode:-

Advanced modeAdvanced mode

Keith

0 Likes

justatalktalkhomeuser
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 19

Hi Keith,

Hardware FAST5364 3.00, Software SG4K100174.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 19

What firmware is it running, it does not support Guest SSIDs until about V158?

Keith

0 Likes