FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D-link dsl-3782 no Internet

Alienatedcargo
Chat Champion
Message 16 of 16

Hi, so I've been having issues with the talktalk hub Internet speeds. A friend kindly gave me a talktalk dsl-3782. I reset it to factory defaults and powered it up. Thing is it won't connect to the Internet? The broadband light flashes for around a minute then off. The talktalk hub connects, although it's not great Internet speed wise.

Any ideas why 1 connects but the other won't? I tried my old BT hub 6 and that won't connect either. 

Thanks 

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

Hi Karl,

Great thanks, I'll see how I get on with this. The stats seem much more useable that the WIFI Hub and the USB port will come in very handy!

Thanks again!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Hi

I prefer the HG633 myself so would advise to stick with this.  Feedback for V2 of the new firmware has been very positive.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

Hi Karl,

Yeah it looks like the firmware has updated. Thanks for sorting that so quick!!

Any ideas if the 3782 will work on my line or should I stick with the HG633?

Thanks 

Richard

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Hi

The HG633 should now be running with V2.00t firmware.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

Hi,

I have powered the router off for 2 minutes and back on.

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Hi

Can you power off the router for 2 minutes at the mains then back on and I'll see if it picks up the scheduled update.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Hi Michelle,

The HG633 is connected at the moment. 

Thanks 

Richard

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 16

Hi Alienatedcargo,

The latest version of firmware for the HG633 is v2.00t. Just to confirm, which router is connected at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

I'll give it a shot, I'd like to use the 3782 as I went to check how the hg633 was performing this morning only to find that the management interface won't load? WiFi /connectivity seems to be working though? Read that it's a firmware update but I think it was on 1.22 already.

edit: I'm not sure if this is version 1.22 or 1.22.1 which I hear fixes the GUI loading issue? Could one of the OCE pick this up and push out the update if possible?

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

@Alienatedcargo 

firmware updates are delivered by remote management so a direct connection is required.

as far as I am aware line vectoring is being rolled out in phases so it’s posdible that it’s a recent thing in your area.

regarding the 3782, it may be worth disconnecting any routers for 40 mins to allow the session to close and then reconnecting the 3782 to see if the cabinet side of things realises a device that does not support vectoring is connected. It’s possible that could be a solution but you may experience slightly slower speeds than the HG633.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16
Also I've got to say the interface of the dsl-3782 and hg633 seem much better than the TT hub. Better dsl stats reporting, telnet (on the 3782 anyway), WAN usage reports (again 3782), USB port. All adds up.

Being on a longer line the line stats are important to see how it's performing.

Thanks
0 Likes

Message 13 of 16
Thank you for the reply. Much of what your saying will match up with my issue. I'm on a very long line (think it's around 1km from the cabinet) so vectoring I guess. The only thing I don't understand is why the BT hub 6 was able to use the line prior to TT (previously bt) but unable to connect following my isp switch. Can it be enabled and disabled via DLM or similar?

Also, if I connected the 3782 via the HG633 so I can check firmware updates would this work? Guessing they're both going to want 192.168.1.1 etc etc.

Thanks
0 Likes

Message 14 of 16

@Alienatedcargo 

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but from what I understand if you have "Line Vectoring" to improve line performance the original 3872 firmware wouldn't connnect as it's not compatible.

Others have reported ( sadly I dont have time to go digging around but search for "Vectoring" ) that the 633 in it's latest firmware is actually a better performer on lines with vectoring than the new WiFi Hub. 

I'm not sure if the new 1.10t firmware for the 3782 allows it to function on lines with vectoring, only time will tell, but unless it can connect then the firmware cant be updated.

The WiFi hub seems to be a work in progress, so hopefully over the coming months it will improve and become a stable well performing bit of kit. 

Long story short, you're probably better off with the 633 right now. 

0 Likes

Alienatedcargo
Chat Champion
Message 15 of 16

Update, the same friend also gave me a Talktalk HG633 as a 'backup'. I have tried this and it has connected at a higher speed than the talktalk hub with more useable stats.

Question is why do the TT hub and the HG633 connect but the 3782 won't connect? Stats from the HG633.

Upstream line rate (kbit/s):
Downstream line rate (kbit/s):
Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
Upstream interleave depth:
Downstream interleave depth:
Line standard:
VDSL2_Vectoring
Upstream line attenuation (dB):
Downstream line attenuation (dB):
Upstream output power (dBm):
Downstream output power (dBm):