FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kids Safe blocking sites

FranJ
Popular Poster
Message 16 of 16

Good evening, 

From nowhere, Kids Safe is now blocking certain websites in my computer. I have checked many times and I have that feature OFF. Among many others, it´s blocking gambling sites. It won´t be any problem unless for one little detail, I work on the betting industry. Talk talk literally left me two days without working now.

So before anyone ask, I have already:

- Check KidsSafe on my account (OFF)

- Reset my router many times.

- Reset KidsSafe many many times.

- Deleted all my history, cookies etc many times. 

- Done that in three different browsers (Safari, Firefox and Chrome).

- Chat with Customer Service daily (two days per today). They are saying that is a bigger issue that is being investigated. I don´t believe this because there is people in this forum complaining about the same issue week in week out since 6 years ago...

- Can someone, please, with SOME (just a bit would be enough) knowledge, advice and help me out with this?

It will be very very appreciated. 

Thank you very much.

15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi Franj, this would appear to be unrelated to the last event. Please turn off your router for 30 minutes and then try again. If that doesn't clear the problem we'll have to raise a ticket for you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

So here we are again, this is a joke.

One week after sort out the gambling related sites problem, now I found out that Home Safe is automatically turning Google Save Search ON. Doesn´t really matter if your in or out of your google account and you turn it off. It bounces back to ON all time.

Again, just happening with Talk Talk connected devices, checked with google and they confirmed that is because the provider. Product and router reseted, different browsers tried and still happening.

Maybe @Ady-TalkTalk  can help with this again please

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Hi Franj, thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

It is actually fixed and working properly.

Thank you

Message 5 of 16

Hi all, there was work done last night to clear the incident, please reboot your router and post back to let us know how you got on. 

Ady

Message 6 of 16
0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

The problem is not restricted to Firefox. Sites are blocked in Firefox but in Chrome although sites do load their functions are severely restricted at least for me.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

@Ady-TalkTalk wrote:

Hi Franj and all, please confirm that you've rebooted your router and that the fault is still present and if it is make sure your landline number is in your community profile so that I can add you to the incident. 

Ady

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk

I have isolated this as a Firefox issue using a windows 10 PC Chrome works fine.

I don't use apps.

Hope this helps

Regards

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

As I said in the original message, yes I did re booted it many times. And my landline is on my profile indeed.

Please HELP

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

Hi Franj and all, please confirm that you've rebooted your router and that the fault is still present and if it is make sure your landline number is in your community profile so that I can add you to the incident. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

@FranJ wrote:

Thank you Bazzatay. If it still happening tomorrow, I am afraid i will pay for a VPN and that is it but anyway, this is NON ACEPTABLE. Hopefully, someone will answer back soon...

I've just checked this myself and it is also affecting me and I've never used Kids Safe so I presume it's affecting the whole network, some betting sites are not loading some others do.

I'm sure they are working on a fix, the work around will work until then.

Regards

Message 12 of 16

Thank you Bazzatay. If it still happening tomorrow, I am afraid i will pay for a VPN and that is it but anyway, this is NON ACEPTABLE. Hopefully, someone will answer back soon...

0 Likes

Aquickone17
First Timer
Message 13 of 16

I have had this issue with betting apps since around 10pm last night. My kids safe is OFF, my internet connection is fine, I can access all my apps other than gambling.

0 Likes

Bazzatay
Whizz Kid
Message 14 of 16

Hi @FranJ

As a temporary work around you could change the DNS servers to google's 8.8.8.8  8.8.4.4

You can do this from within your router or from your PC.

Regards

poisonadder1
First Timer
Message 15 of 16

I'm also having that issue. It seems that both kids safe and scam protection are stuck on for me. This has only started today.

0 Likes