cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Speed dropped and service becoming unusable

Diesel168
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

My broadband was working fine with speeds of 52DL 13UL until a few days ago, the router randomly started blinking orange and I lost all service for several hours. When it eventually came back the speeds had dropped to 40DL and 5UL, over the next few days it would cut off and blink orange every night further reducing the speeds down and now the service is barely usable as everything either takes forever to load or websites just crash and stuff like Netflix constantly buffers. I done the line test in my talk talk account which indicated a fault but the customer service agents keep telling me the line is fine. I’m also unable to access the router dashboard as everytime I try to change any settings it keeps logging me out 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Morning,

Just checking back in to see how you're getting and if you still need any further help with this?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi Diesel168

Have you received the replacement router?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi Diesel168

Thanks for your reply.

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

The change in IP address may be when the connection is dropping out but this only usually changes if the router has been off for a full 30 minutes.

Please let us know how the connection compares with the replacement router.

0 Likes

Diesel168
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 9

Hi 

yes please send a replacement sagemcom hub and I will test it out. 

I meant to mention before that when my connection has been resetting the ip address I see when logged into the router is different than the one I see when I search what is my ip on google. I don’t have a vpn running in the background. Is this something to be concerned about? 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi Diesel168

Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi Diesel168

We can send a replacement router (Sagemcom wifi hub) for testing. Would you like us to arrange this?

0 Likes

Diesel168
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

hi 

unfortunately I do not have another router I can test although I believe I am now on my third hub as there was issues with the previous ones, is there another type of router available?,

I’ve been away the last few weeks thus I was unable to monitor the connection but since I’ve been back it has still been disconnecting every night with the orange light flashing, sometimes there is no internet access even when the router light is white and it will only come back when I manually reset the gateway , I can’t check the logs page either as it still kicks me back to the login screen everytime I try to access them

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi

All tests are clear, no issues showing with the line, but the profile has been dropping, so some issue must have been causing this to drop. 

Do you have access to another router to test ?

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes