cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Dual Band, 2.4GHz?

lh123456
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

I have recently been sent a new router.  Since upgrading to the new router and full fibre, I am no longer able to connect with my robot hoover as apparently this requires a 2.4GHz connection (rather than a 5GHz one).

Is the router that I have been sent dual band?

And if so, is there a way that I can join to the 2.4GHz connection in order to connect with my hoover?

Many thanks

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

our help article here will show you how to log in and navigate to the Wi-Fi settings :

Change your wireless channel - TalkTalk Help & Support

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

How do I log into the router? How to I separate them into 2 separate Wi-Fi channels? 

thank you

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi

All our routers are dual band with both 2.4 and 5Ghz Wi-Fi 

If you have a device that is having difficulty connecting you can log into the router and separate the 2 Wi-Fi channels by giving them separate names,  something like Home2 and Home5 so you can tell the difference between the 2 channels when trying to connect.

Thanks

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes