cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Getting Error 503 - have NOT moved house - 9th time this has happened where no internet

RichCobley
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 64 of 64

Hi

I'm getting an error 503.  I have not moved or anything.  there was a mistake on my account which was supposedly fixed a month ago where you had the wrong address.  Again, we have no internet, we have no mobile reception and my wife is an oncall social worker.  This is the 9th time this has happened.  Please sort this out as a matter of urgency.  I'm really tired of this now.

Rich

0 Likes
63 REPLIES 63

Message 21 of 64

Hi Rich,

Sorry to hear that you've decided to leave but I can understand your decision. I can see that Gliwmaeden2 has given you information about leaving. Apologies again for any inconvenience

Chris

Message 22 of 64

Cancellation requires you to phone up  (NOT Chat), @RichCobley.

You need to give 30 days' notice. Billing is on its own 30 day cycle too, so you can end up being charged a full month ahead despite the notice period and then the subsequent bill refunds unused days pro rata to My Account. 

You then claim that back to your bank account. The bill after that would show £0.00.

So it takes two or three months to tidy everything up.

It's not a straightforward switch when it involves Full Fibre. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Cancel-your-TalkTalk-service/ta-p/2204737

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

RichCobley
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 23 of 64

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your help on this.  We have decided we are going to switch to another provider as we can't risk this happening again.  Can you please tell me what I need to do.  I am out of contract so I am assuming that when I switch to my new provider my service with you will just close.

Is that the case please?

Many thanks

Rich

0 Likes

Message 24 of 64

Hi Rich,

Glad to hear it's working now. My colleague in the network team has escalated this to have the issue fixed that is causing the connection to drop periodically, it's something to do with an incorrectly reference number so hopefully it won't happen again. Apologies again for any inconvenience 

Chris

RichCobley
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 25 of 64

this is now working with the eero - are there any guarantees this wont happen again?  because i just really want to switch to someone else, ive even tried upgrading and i cant even do that because of issues

0 Likes

RichCobley
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 26 of 64

shall i try the eero again?

0 Likes

RichCobley
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 27 of 64

This is now working with my laptop being directly connected to the laptop.

0 Likes

Message 28 of 64

Hi Rich,

I've been told that that engineer will go to the wrong address again. I've been asked to ask you to connect a device directly to the ONT bypassing the router and let me know if it will connect to the internet. Could you do this as soon as you can and let me know how you get on

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 29 of 64

I'm sorry, I've not received any update yet, I've again requested an update and will let you know as soon as I have any more information

Chris

0 Likes

Message 30 of 64

its ok, have called the futurefibre team myself as the updates you supposedly sent this morning hadn't gone through to your colleagues.  I am now getting another engineer sent to me, which will probably go to the wrong address again.

I'm really struggling to figure out what this online service provides as there were no notes regarding any of what happened this morning.  Just being sent around in circles.

Do you actually provide anything other than phone numbers of teams to contact? Do you actually create support tickets at all - it just seems really pointless to me.  I'd rather avoid this altogether if you guys don't actually do anything

0 Likes

Message 31 of 64

Hi Rich,

Sorry, no update yet, I'll you know as soon as I have one

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

RichCobley
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 32 of 64

ok, can i just have an update via here please?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 33 of 64

@RichCobley, forum staff can only offer support online.

You can call the Future Fibre team on 03451 720074.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

RichCobley
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 34 of 64

Any update on this please?  Can someone please call me.  I also want to raise the fact that my upgrade to 900 didn't go through which i would like sorted after this, this would be the fifth time trying to get upgraded

0 Likes

Message 35 of 64

No problem Rich, happy to help 🙂

0 Likes

RichCobley
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 36 of 64

Hi Chris, thanks for your help on this, I really do appreciate it 

0 Likes

Message 37 of 64

OK thanks Rich, I'll let our network team know. I'll let you know when I have any more information

Chris

0 Likes

RichCobley
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 38 of 64

Hi Chris, still not working

0 Likes

Message 39 of 64

Sorry, didn't see you latest post

0 Likes

Message 40 of 64

Good morning. This was escalated yesterday to have the issue fixed with the address. Just to confirm, have you tried switching the ONT of for 30 minutes again?

Chris

0 Likes