cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

[FIXED] No service

pgjenn
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 30 of 30

Could someone run a line test please? (Just when I went on holiday the phone went dead but I didn't have time to report it. I'm back at home shortly and would like it to be working again!)

0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29

Message 1 of 30

Hi pgjenn,

Glad to hear that you've got it sorted, thanks for letting us know

Chris

0 Likes

pgjenn
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 2 of 30

Update: My son has fixed it. Let's just say he was "scathing" about the Openreach engineer.

No further action needed. Thanks for your help.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 30

Hi pgjenn

The router and phone would both connect at the test socket using a microfilter.

If you would like to go ahead with an engineer visit then please let us know.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 30

Not really, because the router plugs into faceplate, so we'd be without internet. I hate to play the "vulnerable" card, but please remember I'm 90-something years old.

In any case, the faceplate is Openreach-provided equipment. If it's faulty, I expect Openreach to replace it. I remind you that your previous Openreach engineer failed to properly investigate the problem (albeit wonderful that he turned up on a weekend).

But, for now, please hold off on working this case. My son is visiting this afternoon and he's going to take a look at the socket.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 30

Hi pgjenn

Would it be ok to take the face plate off the master socket and monitor the line/connection at the test socket for a couple of days?

If the fault does not occur when connected at the test socket then this would prove the fault to be with the faceplate. Openreach only maintain the line up to the test socket.

0 Likes

pgjenn
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 6 of 30

@Chris-TalkTalk asked for my phone number or account number, both of which are already in the profile

0 Likes

Message 7 of 30

Did you reply to the PM from Chris? The support team won't be back online until the morning. 

0 Likes

pgjenn
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 8 of 30

How are we getting on with this please?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 30

Answers:

• As I said, the previous engineer said there was a problem with the socket, but didn't fix it. If you need to tick a box, then yes (but not really).
  • Any time except Friday PM.
  • No mobile, sorry. The alternative number in the profile is my son's

My phone and account number are set in the profile.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 30

OK thanks. Line test is clear so if you'd like us to arrange an engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.
  • Confirm your mobile number

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 30

Yes. No wired extension sockets.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 30

Hi pgjenn,

Is this the only telephone socket in your home?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 30

Hope this works for you. Hard to get a clear shot because of the location:

IMG_0510.JPEG
0 Likes

Message 14 of 30

Hi pgjenn

Could you post a photo of your master socket on this thread (in your current set up)

0 Likes

Message 15 of 30

Debbie, yes and I have full service at the moment, but jiggling the master socket interrupts it. 

The previous Openreach engineer "fixed" the problem but didn't really fix it, if you see what I mean. Great service coming out on a Saturday, but not so thorough!

0 Likes

Message 16 of 30

Hi pgjenn

Just to confirm, do you have dial tone if you connect directly at the test socket? (with the face plate removed)

0 Likes

Message 17 of 30

@Debbie-TalkTalk, unfortunately, it's happened again. I managed to replicate what the Openreach guy did: Pull the front off the master socket and reseat it.

The line is back for now, but the connection at the socket or the socket itself is intermittent—we've not touched it for years (other than just now to fix the problem). Could you or @Michelle-TalkTalk please send out another OR engineer to replace or repair?

0 Likes

Message 18 of 30

Hi pgjenn

I'm so glad to hear that this fault has been resolved, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie 

pgjenn
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 19 of 30

Great news: An Openreach contractor turned up this morning and found/fixed a fault in the master socket itself.

Thanks so much for your help getting this done so fast!

Message 20 of 30

Morning,

We've re-checked for an update now and the fault is still under investigation with the line engineers at the moment. We'll continue to monitor for updates on the fault.

Thanks