Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

NowTV Error Code PL-0

10 REPLIES 10
MightyGem10
Chatterbox

Hi,

I've recently received my Youview TV box. I added TalkTalk TV to my broadband to take advantage of the discount for NowTV passes. I've subscribed to the NowTV Entertainment pass.

However, whenever I try to watch something on that channel I get an error message saying that something has gone wrong and to try later. There is the error code PL-0 on the screen. 

How can I solve this problem?

Also, the only Catch Up apps for terrestrial TV are the BBC iPlayer and Ch5's my5 app. How do I get the ITV Hub and All4 apps?

OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

The ITV and all 4 apps should be on the Youview box.  Do you have an aerial connected to the box ?

Have you tried updating the software / players from the settings menu ?

With regard to the Now TV error, have you tried accessing Now TV on other devices ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

MightyGem10
Chatterbox

Hi.

No, I don't have the aerial connected as I don't need to watch terrestrial TV through the box, and I shouldn't need that for catch up.

The only catch up apps that I have are: BBC iPlayer, My5, Amazon Prime, Netflix, NowTV, Milkshake, UKTV Play, Pop Player, CBS Catchup, Brit Box, Planet Knowledge/Ketchup Kids/Sports Channel and BBC Sounds.

There are no new software updates showing.

I can't watch any NOWTV programmes. I just get the error. Yes, I do have another device, a NOWTV box. Using that I can watch NowTV programmes, so it is a good job that I do have that, otherwise I would not be happy with your TV Box.

OCE_Karl

Hi

Some on demand players need to have an aerial connected.  They use the freeview signal to identify your region and deliver the correct programs and will not work without one.

The Now error is unique to the App.  Try powering down all equipment, router / TV box etc and retest.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

MightyGem10
Chatterbox

Thanks, Karl. Connecting the box to the TV aerial bought up the Catch Up apps for ITV and Ch 4. However, I still can't watch anything via the NOWTV app.

I select a programme in the Entertainments section, click OK. I then select the episode that I want to watch. I click OK. The screen refreshes briefly, then I get the error message.

MightyGem10
Chatterbox

PS.

@OCE_Karl wrote:

The Now error is unique to the App.  Try powering down all equipment, router / TV box etc and retest.

Thanks  

Karl. 

I did that. No difference.

OCE_Karl

Hi

try  a full factory reset from the settings menu then set the box back up and see if it works.

Also, add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' so I can locate your details.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

MightyGem10
Chatterbox

Thanks, Karl. I'll try that and let you know.

OCE_Karl

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

MightyGem10
Chatterbox

Hi Karl. I did the reset and everything now works.

Thanks for your help.

Dave

OCE_Karl

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Working From Home Tips