cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Getting an up to date bill

Xanetias
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Hi Guys

Due to really bad customer service on the phone trying to get fibre installed, i decided to move suppliers. I cancelled my DD and now need an up to date final bill to pay. I have tried to call customer service, but as usual, I have been waiting for 45 minutes with no answer.. Can anyone help???????? .  I have now been charged another 12.50 for a late fee.. Talk Talk are very very quick to add charges and ring if they want money, but have no interest in helping the customer. Hence my moving all my services

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Important that you keep it clear who the account holder is, @Xanetias. Is this actually your Mum's service?

Do you have power of attorney  / authority to act?

You'll need to clarify that, whether communicating with forum staff or agents on the phone  / Chat. If Talktalk is trying to reach you, they will need you to pass security, and also be very clear about which phone numbers / email addresses are yours or your mother's. 

This was an issue in your other recent thread:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Full-Fibre/Moving-from-analogue-to-fibre/td-p/3070309#M31988

If her service has been transferred, did she come to Talktalk via Shell, by any chance, or was it a legacy account in some other way (looking at the other thread now)?

If she was with Shell, forum staff will be limited in the help they can offer..... hope it all gets sorted out for you and your mum.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

So it's not actually your account?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Aw, bless.  

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Thank you for answering so late Ferguson.. My mum (91year old) got confused and cancelled it 🙂

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

In all honesty you would have done better had you not cancelled the DD and waited for the process to run its course. The support team here will advise further when they pick this up. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Hi Ferguson. I tried to cancel with Talk Talk, but couldn't get through. BT did the switch for us and the number port. Thanks for the advice, I will wait and see what happens. However, I would like to know how I stop the additional £12.50 fee. Its like they are charging me for their failure to answer my calls 😞

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

You are billed in advance and it looks like you still had a bill in process. So it looks like you have been charged because you cancelled your DD and Talk Talk haven't received payment. Did you cancel directly, or did you use the one switch process? Either way you should wait until the service has actually ceased. You will then get an adjusted bill depending on timings. There may be a credit then which you can reclaim. Only after that will you receive a final, zero bill. 

0 Likes