cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Ported number away but i've been billed a full month

rolysatch
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

hi
hi

my voip provider put in a porting request for my phone number to you on 09/02/2023 - i.e. a cancellation notification - which would mean that with my 30 days notice i should have been billed up to 11/03/2023. however my latest bill has billed me up to 22nd march. can you arrange a refund for me please? also can you double check i won't be getting anymore bills next month?

thanks in advance

roland

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 2 of 6

Thanks Anne!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

HI rolysatch

Any overcharge will be returned on the next bill produced 23 March, you will be able to request a refund via My Account when its generated. 

Regards

rolysatch
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Thanks so much for your help, it's appreciated. to be honest i only left talktalk as i was offered a great deal on fttp which talktalk don't offer in my area curtrently.

thanks again

roland

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

@rolysatch, in case you change your mind, or something causes a delay with the switch etc, Talktalk keeps up the full 30 day billing when you leave.

The subsequent bill will refund you for all unused days pro rata.

You then claim back your refund via My Account. 

A further final bill will show a balance of £0.00.

However, to be absolutely sure that Talktalk is recording your cancellation of services correctly, ring them on 03451 720088, after 9am Monday to Saturday, till 7pm on weekdays, 6pm Saturday. Don't use Chat for this.

In these days of switching between different infrastructure types, Talktalk currently recommends that you don't just depend on the gaining provider to inform Talktalk, but that you contact Talktalk as well:

Screenshot_20230302-213430_Chrome.jpg

Full article:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Cancel-your-TalkTalk-service/ta-p/2204737

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.