cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Question with my billing this month

Tiffany21
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Hi, I recently had a moving in my address and I'm kind of confused about my bill that just sent to me.

In the charges for the new address, there's a "Fibre 65" at £33.00 while previously it's always £30.16 while I didn't change my plan at all. Also, the "last month's changes" at £24.32 makes me confused as I don't know what it is.

Another thing is that, my move-in date is 25 June to the new address but the broadband machine is broken so actually I don't have any service until the new broadband sent to me on 1 July. In that case I don't think I should be charged during this period.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 5

Hi Tiffany21

The first bill after a homemove can be confusing due to overlapping of services between the old address and the new address,  the bill is fully itemized, and any overlapping payments will be returned on the next bill 

The notes show that a contract was renewed upon moving,  the base price is set at £26 and went live on the 19th, sadly there is a fault, because of this auto compensation will be applied 30 days after the fault is fixed, and we can look at that once its confirmed as fixed. 

Post back when the fault is fixed

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Please just wait for staff to reach this thread, @Tiffany21. They respond during the day, Monday to Friday.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Thanks, but why the base price has gone up while I didn't change my plan? The base price at my old address is lower and i think that should be until next year April?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

@Tiffany21. if you had no service at all for a period, you would be due automatic compensation, but you continue paying bills as normal. 

It takes c 30 days to show up, after resolution:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

If you didn't pay £60 for a home move, you'll be on a new contract in the new home, which perhaps explains the difference. Also check to see if there are any boosts / TV charge added, and check the end of contract date.

You would have paid the previous month upfront, so this bill will reflect the return of any excess from the old home paid then and days up to the start of this billing period at the new home, plus the month ahead....

I usually find that it is difficult to fathom their calculations down to the last penny, so it's worth getting it checked by staff on here.

Your post is in the queue for attention. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes