cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

TalkTalk CityFibre Upgrade Renewal

empatel96
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hello,

My contract comes to an end on 6th of July and I've spent the past month making calls and over live chat trying to get the situation resolved for me.

I've been given various numbers to call, who all just passed me through from one department to another and have done nothing to resolve or upgrade my contract.

I was looking to move to 150 or 500 package and the most helpful thing I was told by someone was that talktalk is unable to upgrade my contract as it's through cityfibre and there are currently no systems in place but perhaps credit could be applied to my account. He tried to transfer me elsewhere and then nothing happened.

To conclude, I've been messed around for hours and have had nothing to show for it.

Note: My initial contract fibre 65 was through talktalk. It's been moved to CityFibre since May 2023 after having a 'free cityfibre install' done at my address.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

The fact is as you have been told, @empatel96: it's NOT POSSIBLE to upgrade with CityFibre except with a gap in your provision. Cease and reprovide could take many days / weeks.

To ensure continuity of service, you would be safer simply renewing. 

All renewals can be done through Chat  / phone 03451 720088.

The direct number for Future Fibre support is 03451 720074 if you need more information. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Thanks Arne.

I keep getting told nobody is able to put an upgrade through for cityfibre and my only option is to renew/roll on with the current contract. Who I do I have to get through to?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi empatel96

Sorry that you are having problems

Renewals have to be done by the loyalty team on 03451720088 They will be able to see what options are available, upgrades in speed on city fibre unfortunately require a cease and re-provide meaning there will be a loss of service. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused 

Message 4 of 6

About that previous thread, not sure if someone from the staff here did something but my contract term was reverted to the original and expires today.

Now having trouble upgrading to a better line

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

A simple renewal shouldn't be a problem, but upgrades with CityFibre are NOT straightforward, @empatel96.

Staff will be back during the day, so I'm afraid there's no support before the 6th.

Not clear what happened after I escalated your previous thread:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Billing/Contract-renewed-after-cityfibre-free-upgrade-without-my...

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes