email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Create Email Account On LGv30 Android Phone

Briron72
Participant
Message 3 of 3

Hi,

Have just upgraded to this phone and using TT recommended settings for creating an email account for android but I am having no luck.

I have also tried the various combos of security certificates and ports and even tried changing my TT password.

Previous android phone's email account was set up using the recommended settings and worked fine.

Email also works fine on my laptop, OS Windows 8.1 and I have to set up the LG with an IMAP account as a matter of course.

The LG phone has IMAP4 by default but I cannot see this as causing a problem.

I will be eternally grateful if somebody can provide me with some help with this problem.

Briron72

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Message 1 of 3

Hi Briron72, thanks for posting back to let us know you've got it sussed. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Briron72
Participant
Message 2 of 3

Have managed to sort the problem myself.

TT recommended settings are:

Incoming Port 993 and SSL (I believe) and Outgoing Port 587 with STARTTLS with no authentication required. As mentioned in my previous post this just did not work for me.

What did work, was Incoming Port 143 with no security certification and Outgoing Port 587, no security certification but requiring authentication.

This little bit of info might just help someone else like me experiencing problems with creating an email account on their android smartphone.

Cheers, Briron72