cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Creating a new SSID on the TalkTalk Sagemcom fast 5364-3.t8

Message 7 of 7

I have recently been upgraded to the TalkTalk Sagemcom fast 5364-3.t8 router. My problem is that in the admin interface, I am unable to create a new SSID. Yes you can login and change name and password but I want to create a second SSID. This was possible and easy to configure with my last talktalk router, the dg8041w-2.t5. 

Does anyone have an idea how to achieve this?  I am a regular home user, not super IT geek so please be kind with replies and solutions!

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 7

No, you can't use different channels for the guest networks, I raised this before with the developers. There is new firmware due sometime soon, but until I test it, I won't know what is fixed.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Amazing Keith 🏆

Thanks very much, that has enabled me to do it! 

Quick bonus question if I may. By default, the new guest 2.4Ghz and main home 2.4Ghz are using the same channel. The two 5 Ghz's share a different one. Is there an argument to separate these out further as four individual channels?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

Then it does support guest networks. Just go into the Advanced mode:-

Advanced modeAdvanced mode

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Hi Keith,

Hardware FAST5364 3.00, Software SG4K100174.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

What firmware is it running, it does not support Guest SSIDs until about V158?

Keith

0 Likes