FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DG8041W Kernel panic

raycbutler
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

DG8041W what firmware updates are available, TT Chat is sending me crazy... restarting multiple times a day (kenel panic so the WHOLE THING restarts usually when im in the middle of a call..) feels like a hardware issue but willing to update firmware if someone points me in the right direction..

I've been through the basic loops of testing the line 4 times now (HOURS), factory reset, line tests etc many times and keep getting fobbed off on the chat each time.. Note this has been like this since the router was delivered and old one returned (I should have kept the old slow router that although was slow it was reliable)

[Error][Alarm-Log] AlarmID:104001,AlarmLevel:Error,Device reset. Cause: System reset due to kernel panic, Terminal:OTHER

Raymond Butler
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

raycbutler
First Timer
Message 1 of 4

Thanks, is there any way that this can be placed as a known issue for the online chat.. it would save your engineers and customers so much time!

Fingers crossed! 

Raymond Butler
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 4

Hi raycbutler

I've pushed the fix to your router.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

ferguson
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

There is a fix available for this. Make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that the support team can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.