cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre/WIFI Issues

freweyni
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 53 of 53

Hi,

I’ve been having issues with my fibre speed. My Broadband speed has decreased from a consistent 37mbps (max that my package provides) to 29mbps. This currently below my minimum speed guarantee of 31.9mbps. Although 29mbps should be plenty enough to watch videos online, I’ve been experiencing video stutter consistently via WIFI. I’m also experiencing unbearable lag while gaming via WIFI. 

Having accessed your support page, the speed test confirmed the slower speed to my router (see Picture) and when attempting to run a connection test, a fault was picked up, but a line test weirdly found no issues at all. The reference number to this fault is REP-12959300.

TalkTalk Speed Test.png

For the past fortnight, I’ve tried numerous troubleshooting options such as turning off the router for 30 mins, resetting the router and even connecting my router directly to the test socket, but none seems have solved the issue.

I’ve also accessed my router panel and I’ve noticed changes on my xDSL stats. These include my maximum downstream reducing from about 47500kbps to 28563kbps as well as having zero noise margin on my downstream. Also weirdly, my actual downstream rate seems to be higher than my maximum rate. Is this even possible? I’ve attached a picture of this for you to see.

Router xDSL Stats.png

I would appreciate it if this can be looked into and resolved as soon possible. Thanks.

0 Likes
52 REPLIES 52

Message 21 of 53

Hi,

Can you book for Tuesday 1-6pm please.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 53

Hi feweyni

Apologies, it's too late now to book an appointment for today, are you available Monday and Tuesday next week?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 23 of 53

Hi Karl,

Tomorrow between 1-6pm would be good.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 53

Hi

The sync speed has not improved, but the profile is correctly set at 40mb, so speeds are still lower than they should be.  This will need a repeat engineer, can we book the next available.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 53

Hi,

The engineer came on Friday Afternoon and carried out works. Once he was done, he told me everything was reset and to give it a couple of days for my speed to return back to normal. He also told me to contact my ISP again if it fails to do so. Unfortunately, not only has the issue not been resolved, but i'm now getting even slower speed at 22mbps. It's Declining by the week.

Speed to Router   28/06/23Speed to Router 28/06/23Connection Test Pop-up   28/06/23Connection Test Pop-up 28/06/23

0 Likes

Message 26 of 53

Hi

This is the only option to investigate why speeds are low.

I'll also drop you a PM.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 27 of 53

Hi karl,

If it's necessary then sure

0 Likes

Message 28 of 53

Hi

Speeds are lower that expected but line tests are clear.  The next option is to proceed to an engineer, do you want to arrange this now?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 29 of 53

Hi Debbie,

I've confirmed the details for you.

0 Likes

Message 30 of 53

Hi freweyni

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can check the sync speed and predicted speed for your line.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 31 of 53

Hi,

My replacement router has now been online for a week, but my speed has worsened than when I initially made this post two weeks ago. Your speed test via the support page and DSL stats shows the speed to my router is only about 26-27 mbps. Also when attempting to run a connection test, I always get a pop-up of a potential issue with my line. Can this be looked at as soon as possible please.Run  A Connection Test  Pop-UpRun A Connection Test Pop-Up

Speed TestSpeed Test

Uptime/DSL StatsUptime/DSL Stats

0 Likes

Message 32 of 53

Hi freweyni,

Yes it's probable that the router firmware has been updated as we are currently rolling out new firmware and you now have the new version

Chris

0 Likes

Message 33 of 53

Hi Karl,

I've just accessed my router panel to see if my normal Fibre speed has been restored, but when checking the system uptime, it says i've only been online for 1d 12h44m even-though I'd replaced the router on Monday. I've also noticed a new feature in the panel, Guest WIFI. Has my router been disconnected for an update as this may explain the short uptime. I've attached the router details below.Router InfoRouter Info

0 Likes

Message 34 of 53

Hi

we usually ask that the router is left connected for 48 hrs to see if the line will stabilise and DLM will change the profile.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 35 of 53

Hi Michelle,

The router arrived yesterday and has now been online for over a day. The speed has worsened, but is probably due to the internet being disconnected due to troubleshooting attempts along with replacing the router yesterday. How long will it take for the internet to stabilise? I've attached DSL details below.DSL STATSDSL STATS

0 Likes

Message 36 of 53
0 Likes

Message 37 of 53

Okay will do. I'll update you by tomorrow.

0 Likes

Message 38 of 53

Hello,

Thanks for confirming 🙂 If possible please can you connect the router at the test socket to begin with please.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 39 of 53

Hi Michelle,

The router has yet to arrive. I've just tracked the parcel and should be delivered today in the afternoon. Once arrived, would you like me to plug the replacement router into the test socket or reattach the lower faceplate and connect through there.

0 Likes

Message 40 of 53

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

0 Likes