cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre/WIFI Issues

freweyni
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 53 of 53

Hi,

I’ve been having issues with my fibre speed. My Broadband speed has decreased from a consistent 37mbps (max that my package provides) to 29mbps. This currently below my minimum speed guarantee of 31.9mbps. Although 29mbps should be plenty enough to watch videos online, I’ve been experiencing video stutter consistently via WIFI. I’m also experiencing unbearable lag while gaming via WIFI. 

Having accessed your support page, the speed test confirmed the slower speed to my router (see Picture) and when attempting to run a connection test, a fault was picked up, but a line test weirdly found no issues at all. The reference number to this fault is REP-12959300.

TalkTalk Speed Test.png

For the past fortnight, I’ve tried numerous troubleshooting options such as turning off the router for 30 mins, resetting the router and even connecting my router directly to the test socket, but none seems have solved the issue.

I’ve also accessed my router panel and I’ve noticed changes on my xDSL stats. These include my maximum downstream reducing from about 47500kbps to 28563kbps as well as having zero noise margin on my downstream. Also weirdly, my actual downstream rate seems to be higher than my maximum rate. Is this even possible? I’ve attached a picture of this for you to see.

Router xDSL Stats.png

I would appreciate it if this can be looked into and resolved as soon possible. Thanks.

0 Likes
52 REPLIES 52

Message 41 of 53
0 Likes

Message 42 of 53

Hi Debbie,

Thanks, i'll keep you updated.

Message 43 of 53

Hi freweyni

I've ordered a replacement router for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection/speed compares.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 44 of 53

Hi Michelle,

We don't have have any spare routers. Perhaps you can send out a replacement router to rule out our current router (FAST 5364) being the issue. 

0 Likes

Message 45 of 53

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line now which is clear. Thanks for confirming that the router is connected to the test socket. Do you also have an alternative router that you can test with please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 46 of 53

Ah, my bad, sorry I missed that. 

freweyni
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 47 of 53

Hi Ferguson,

I appreciate the suggestion, but as stated in my initial post, i've already attempted this and has failed to resolve the issue.

Message 48 of 53

Another useful thing to try would be if you can connect to the test socket, details here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Your-guide-to-main-phone-sockets/ta-p/2205432

0 Likes

freweyni
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 49 of 53

Hi Divsec,

I can confirm the router is always connected and switched on.

Message 50 of 53

Hi Karl,

I'm unfortunately unable to do this as I haven't owned or used a home phone in over a decade. We use the landline for broadband only.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 51 of 53

Hi

Can you check the home phone, is there any noise, crackling on the line etc ?

All tests are showing clear currently.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 52 of 53

Hi @freweyni your post has been escalated and you should hear during the day. Could you confirm that your router is usually connected and switched on? 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.