cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre65 speed Issues

Grantos
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 68 of 68

I am on Fibre65 and have been with TalkTalk for about 15 years with no problems-My speeds have now dropped to Download 47.1mbps  Upload 0.5mbps.

Previously on Fibre65 I was getting Download 67.1mbps Upload 16.4mbps.

I have spoke on the chat for over 1hr and was just going round in circles with them until I then had to stop the chat as I was going out.

Can somebody help me so as I can speak over the phone with an engineer that knows what they are talking about.

0 Likes
67 REPLIES 67

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 41 of 68

@Karl-TalkTalk, are @Grantos's upload speeds not unbelievably poor for a Fibre65 connection?

They are no better than my basic ADSL "Fast Broadband" copper only service upload speeds, which luckily sometimes approach 0.9.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 42 of 68

My Speedtests

Speed Test PC.pngSpeed Test Mobile.png
0 Likes

Message 43 of 68

I am very concerned about the upload speed I am getting of 0.8. No where near the 17 average that the above suggest with my great connection, why is this  please

0 Likes

Message 44 of 68

I am not going to argue with you, depends on how far back you go. I have just done a check on TalkTalk page regarding Fibre65 for my address-Please see attachment

talktalk.png
0 Likes

Message 45 of 68

Hi

I'm not seeing these speeds recorded anywhere.  If I look back at previous tests that have been run historically, I can see the results : 

test 13/07 -  down 54.3  up 0.9
test 01/08 -  down 52.9  up 0.7
test 25/08 -  down 56.7  up 0.7

If I look directly at the data recorded by Openreach I see the highest recorded speed of 59.6, minimum of 48 and average of 51.6mb.

Uploads recorded also agree with the list above.

Remember, if you are ever testing with a device wired or more importantly over wifi, the transmission speed between router and device can show higher but this is not a true reflection of the actual speeds arriving at the router.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 46 of 68

Hi Karl, sorry to be a pain, but could you tell me why my speeds where running at

Download-67.1

Upload-16.4

The speeds as you can see have now dropped considerably, can you please account for this. I am still on fibre65 so no change there. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 47 of 68

Hi

Estimated upload is 0.5 - 0.6mb.  actual upload is currently 0.8mb

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 48 of 68

My upload spped at the moment is only running at 0.8

0 Likes

Message 49 of 68

And what do you have as the upload speed please

0 Likes

Message 50 of 68

Hi

Just had a look at your line, all tests are clear with no issues detected.

Openreach profile is correctly set at 80mb.

estimated speeds for your line are 42 - 46mb.   Currently the line is in sync at 58.4mb , so the line is achieving above expected.

Please run a fresh speed test from a device wired to the router, not over Wi-Fi and see what results this gives.

You can use : https://www.supportal-test.co.uk/

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 51 of 68

Hi Michelle-I have added the information. Could not remember my landline tel number so added my account number as it suggests. You also have my mobile number. And saved😊

Message 52 of 68

Go via your avatar; settings; drop down menu. Personal Information, @Grantos.

Put in a mobile number where asked, as well as the Talktalk landline number where asked. SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 53 of 68

Hi Michelle, I am new to using this Community Blog-Where abouts is the "alternative contacy section" please

0 Likes

Message 54 of 68

Hi,

Apologies, your home phone or account number is still not showing in your Community Profile. Can you try and add it in the alternative contact section please and then click save again?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 55 of 68

Hi Michelle I have just gone bac to profile settings and saved. Let me know if a problem😊

0 Likes

Message 56 of 68

Hi,

Did you also click save after you added this as I can't see this in your Community Profile?

Michelle

0 Likes

Grantos
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 57 of 68

Profile Updated

0 Likes

Message 58 of 68

Hi,

Can you please also update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number or Account number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Grantos
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 59 of 68

Hi Karl, I have updated my profile with the information required

0 Likes

Message 60 of 68

Hi,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes