FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future fibre

Abcattell
First Timer
Message 9 of 9

Hello,

just wanted to check. I went through the future fibre checker and it says future fibre 500 is available at my address. I filled in all my information and proceeded to submit the order which then sends me an email to say someone will call me to complete the order. A week has passed so I decided to ring talk talk. They have told me that actually fibre 500 is unavailable at my address and that the future fibre is just a place holder to gauge what interest is like for fibre in that area….

nothing in my application for the fibre or on the email that I had says this was the case and all points towards fibre being available in my area… have I just been given incorrect information? Is fibre actually available in my area..

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

@Massi 

Cityfibre based FTTP also shows up as TT Future Fibre, where available. At least it does for my address where both Cityfibre and Openreach FTTP are available. 

TalkTalk Business FTTP 900/115
Netgear RAX200

Message 2 of 9

If you change your mind or need anything else we're always here and happy to help. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Thanks. Perhaps…I feel reluctant to wait in a queue on the phone again to be fobbed off or made to feel like an idiot when it clearly says its available online. Will probably just stick with Virgin for now. 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 9

Hi Abcattell,

I'm sorry about this, all I can suggest is to maybe give it a couple of weeks and then speak to our sales team again to see if anything has changed

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi Michelle,

I dont have talktalk currently so dont have a my account to access. 

i go to talktalk and fill in the information to check if fibre is available at my address and it confirms it is. I then fill out the information and it says someone will call me to set it up! 2 weeks on and have done the application 3 times on 3 different emails and still noone has got in touch…

this is when I called and the Sales man said it wasn’t available and it was “a placeholder to gauge enthusiasm for full fibre in my area”

i’ve attached photos below after the checking if it is available and then after filling in my information! 

46289F29-8584-419F-89F3-021F26A7E8FA.png

FA29110C-2A61-4531-8C73-FC06C41CAE53.png

  

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

C80CE451-73BE-40A7-9E10-9AC0335DDE53.png

I’ve gone through the openreach website and full 1 gig fttp is available to my address….

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 9

Hi Abcattell,

Can I just confirm, was this the Sales Team who advised you this? Does it show as available if you log into your My Account? The register your interest page on the Future Fibre Hub help article is so we can contact you directly once Future Fibre is available.

Thanks

0 Likes

Massi
First Timer
Message 8 of 9

Hi

Talk talk future fibre uses openreach network to get fibre to your home so I suggest openreach.com  ultrafast fibre availability checker will be your answer.

Massimo

0 Likes