cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Inconsistent wi-fi

delypo
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 127 of 127

I have had  the Huawei HG633 router for nearly 10 years. Whilst the fibre broaband speed coming into the house meets what Talk Talk guarantee, I experience WiFi inconsistency most days, with devices dropping connection, which requires frequent reboots of the old router to re-establish the WiFi connection.

I can see you offer a superior router to your new customers. As a customer of almost 18 years standing, could my old router please be upgraded? Thank you.

DP

0 Likes
126 REPLIES 126

Message 41 of 127

Hi @delypo and @KeithFrench 

I've chased our Devices Team for an update now and I will post back here as soon as they come back to me.

Thanks

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 42 of 127

Hi @delypo 

I am chasing to get an update for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 43 of 127

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

delypo
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 44 of 127

@Karl-TalkTalk thank you

0 Likes

Message 45 of 127

Hi

I've collated the details and emailed these across to our Device manager and copied Debbie in on the mail.

Lets see what our Device team come back with.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 46 of 127

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk @Karl-TalkTalk 

@delypo has now reverted back to just one SSID, but the instability cc continues. Please can you pass to Devices ASAP please?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 47 of 127

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk @Karl-TalkTalk 

I have noticed that this time the customer has separated out the SSIDs, which is a definitely no, no. I have asked to just use the one SSID & retry.

Keith

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 48 of 127

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk @Karl-TalkTalk 

Please can this be forwarded to Devices ASAP? Now two hubs, each running V202 are rendering the V2 extender (firmware V1046.9) unstable. Either the customer's brand-new V2 F266 is faulty, or there is something strange going on. I will hopefully be able to add some more info when I see some WiFi analyser screenshots from @delypo in a while.

Keith

0 Likes

delypo
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 49 of 127

@KeithFrench just pm'd you....still displaying the same errors as before with previous router.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 50 of 127

Hi @delypo 

No, just go for it. However, once up & running it is the ones I need to see as before, if the dropping of the user & backhaul network on the 5GHz band, is not just hardware related to the old router.

Keith

0 Likes

delypo
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 51 of 127

@KeithFrench 

So far, just set up router. Should I take any screenshots for reference prior to connecting 266?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 52 of 127

Hi @delypo 

Let me know how it is going & unless you are totally satisfied, please can you PM me with a fresh set of screenshots.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 53 of 127

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

delypo
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 54 of 127

@Karl-TalkTalk 

Thank-you, can see it has been.

0 Likes

Message 55 of 127

Hi

The firmware should now be updated.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 56 of 127

Hi

I'll push v202 now for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

delypo
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 57 of 127

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk @KeithFrench 

Replacement FAST 5364 router received and just set up. So that I can test the 266 V2 Booster  with it, could you please upgrade the router firmware from it's current V174 to V202. Many thanks.

0 Likes

Message 58 of 127

I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of days

Chris

delypo
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 59 of 127

@Chris-TalkTalk yes, please send out another router in hope it will sort out the issue.

0 Likes

Message 60 of 127

Hi Keith, yes we can send a router. @delypo can you just confirm that you'd like me to send a router and I'll order one for you

Chris