cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Old router?

Vickytom
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 29 of 29

Hi all,

I have been a customer of talktalks for many years. My current router is the HG633 model.

I've had issues with speed and connectivity for about 2 years but each time I speak to someone they sa there's no issue. 

I thought it may have been the house I lived in but have since moved 15 mins away and still have issues, and they connectivity is somewhat worse!

We often use 4g as we find is quicker than the Internet provided buy talktalk.

Do you think the old router is the problem? I've asked advisers when I've rung if they would replace it and I was told no.

Any advice greatly appreciated 

0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28

Vickytom
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 29

Thank you Chris

Would it cost me anything for the engineer and how long would it be before they come out?

0 Likes

Message 22 of 29

OK thanks. To investigate further we'll need to arrange an engineer visit. If you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details with you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 23 of 29

We only have one and I think it's in the test line now

0 Likes

Message 24 of 29

OK thanks. How many telephone sockets do you have? Is your router currently connected to your test socket - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

Vickytom
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 29

Hi Chris,

Don't think we have noise on the line at the moment. The biggest issue is the lack of signal and slow speeds 

Thank you

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 26 of 29

Hi Vickytom,

Line  test is passing and router is in sync at 65Mbps, however line test does show some disconnections. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Vickytom
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 29

I also had the wrong make router. We have a dsl 3782

0 Likes

Vickytom
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 29