FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN has suddenly stopped working after successfully connecting remotely since March 2020

Chester08
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 8

VPN connection; Went on online Monday to talk with a Talk Talk advisor since been successfully using a VPN to connect remotely to work for over the past two years and then on Monday of this week it suddenly STOPPED working.

Our IT guy at work, Ahmad,  checked the VPN provider and everything at work is working OK as well as other work colleagues connecting as usual  to the VPN who are working remotely from home also.

He advised it could be a problem with the router, when I informed him who my network provider was, as he experienced the same problem in January.  A Debbie from TALK TALK confirmed they have received similar issues in relation to the Sagemcom WIFI hub and sent him a replacement Huawei WIFI hub out which solved the VPN problem and he was able to re-connect to the VPN.

However the TalkTalk advisor, following running checks and from the information I provided him, has sent me out a replacement WIFI Hub but it is the exact same one tot he one I am now experiencing problems with, Sagemcom & not the Huawei.  Since plugging the new Sagemcom in I am still unable to connect remotely to VPN....

Please can someone help as now I am into the 4th day & remain unable to work remotely from home.

I have read through some posts on the community and can see their are a few similar issues with suddenly been unable to connect to VPN and they too have a Sagemcom WIFI HUB & also one or two posts relating the the firmware & TALK TALK making changes to the Firmware?

Sharon
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

That's great news Chester, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Chester08
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 8

Hi Chris, The change you have made to my router firmware has worked successfully.  

I can confirm I am now able to logon remotely via my VPN to work.

Thank you co much for your help and assistance in this matter, much appreciated.

Sharon
0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

OK, I'll start the update now, it should complete in a few minutes, please don't switch off your router

Chris

0 Likes

Chester08
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 8

Yes Chris; It is OK to do this now, many thanks...

Sharon
0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Is it OK to do this now, the firmware update will take a few minutes to complete

Chris

0 Likes

Chester08
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 8

Yes, we could give this option a go to see if changing the router firmware works....

Sharon
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi Chester08,

We can try changing your router firmware, if you'd like us to do this please let us know

Chris

0 Likes