cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Eero problems

dannyhaylett
Team Player
Private Message
Message 26 of 26

Having alot of issue's with my eeros.

I can't seems to get the settings page to work on any pc

I have to adjust settings through a app which i don't have access too.

I want to set up a vpn on my router and can't

I can't use team-viewer its website and software are blocked without my permission 

I'm still getting slow speeds through wireless but not wire.

Please talk talk resolve these issues, my last post went quite and I'm bumping into more problems as I go along

Danny Haylett
0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 1 of 26

Oh ok , do you know the old account number if you can pm it to me on the community, we can remove it to allow you to register, or if you have another email address that will let you register. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 26

It won't allow me to create a new account as this account email is already in use.

Danny Haylett
0 Likes

Message 3 of 26

Hi @dannyhaylett

The account number in your community profile is not registered for My Account, you will need to follow the registration steps for the new account and you should then be able to disable homesafe.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 26

To clarify, the guide provided will not be effective in resolving the issue because my account page displays outdated account information.
I indeed attempted to disable the home-safe feature, but I am unable to do so because the account information is outdated, displaying an account from several years ago. 

In order to resolve my previous issues, I kindly request that Homesafe be disabled and my account information updated.

Danny Haylett
0 Likes

Message 5 of 26

Hello,

Just to confirm, did you have a look at the Help Guide in our last post as there is a section at the bottom specifically related to Team Viewer?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 26

I'm experiencing difficulties with the website TeamViewer, as it is currently inaccessible due to restrictions imposed by TalkTalk. Unfortunately, TalkTalk has also blocked the services provided by TeamViewer. It is frustrating that I have to resort to changing my DNS settings or using a VPN to circumvent these limitations, as it should not be necessary.

Disabling HomeSafe has proven to be a challenge because the account information displayed on the TalkTalk website is outdated. The account shown belongs to a previous period that is no longer active

The specific account associated with this issue can be found at
https://www.talktalk.co.uk/my/dashboard?origin=myaccount.talktalk.co.uk.
Thank you very much for your assistance.

Danny Haylett
0 Likes

Message 7 of 26

Hi dannyhaylett

This help page provides some further information https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Using-a-VPN/ta-p/2464076

Just to confirm, when you log into My Account, incorrect details are showing? Or do you mean when you log into the Community?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 26

I will definitely keep an eye out.

There are two last problems I encountered.

Firstly, I noticed that the TeamViewer website and services are inaccessible. I assume that other services might also be blocked. How can I unblock them? I rely on TeamViewer to assist my aunt with her internet issues, which saves me from traveling a long distance.

Secondly, my account on this platform still displays outdated information from several years ago. Could you please update it accordingly?

Thank you so much

Danny Haylett
0 Likes

Message 9 of 26

Hi

Keep an eye on the bill and if anything shows up, let me know here.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 26

Thank you. It's a great relief to have the burden of stress lifted from my shoulders.
Can you please ensure that I don't encounter any issues or penalties for not returning one of the routers, as stated in the letter with a potential £50 fine?

Danny Haylett
0 Likes

Message 11 of 26

Hi

Keep hold of the eero and new router if that combination is working for you now.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 26

Alright, so the new router has arrived, but it hasn't resolved my issues. It seems like I'm stuck in a situation where there's no winning.

New router observations:

• The signal has slightly improved, suggesting there might be WiFi interference.
  • The settings are adjustable as needed.

Drawbacks of the new router:

• The WiFi is slower, around five times slower on both Xbox consoles (I have both the Series X and Series S now).

Advantages of the old router:

• It's very fast when connected via a wired connection to an eero hub.

Drawbacks of the old router:

• The signal is very poor, weak in the bedroom at night and weak in both gardens.
  • There are no settings to adjust.

Solutions discovered: I can plug the eero hub into the new router and use them together. Additionally, I can purchase one new eero hub specifically for the new Xbox Series S. My question is, will TalkTalk allow this setup as I have been asked to return the eero's.
If I am unable to keep both options, I would prefer to retain the eero for its speed benefits. Nevertheless, this choice will lead to significant stress and unnecessary expenses.

Danny Haylett
0 Likes

Message 13 of 26

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 14 of 26

Thank you.

Danny Haylett
0 Likes

Message 15 of 26

Hi

I've requested a Hub to be sent to you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 16 of 26

Yes please

Danny Haylett
0 Likes

Message 17 of 26

Hi

as Chris mentioned in his last message, would you like to try the wifi hub (router) to test with ?

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 18 of 26

Apologies for the delayed response; we were on a brief family visit, which is why I couldn't reply sooner. Can we please proceed with this matter promptly to ensure a quick resolution?

Danny Haylett
0 Likes

Message 19 of 26

Hi Danny,

We can send the router to test with, if it doesn't fulfill your needs then you can return it.

Chris

Message 20 of 26

Does the new hub provide the ability to customize the settings I need, as mentioned in the previous post, I don't believe my current package includes a phone line. The broadband is FTTP , the router/hub need's to provide this service and reach all areas off my home.
I have a small home but concert walls that block signals in bedrooms.

Thank you, I appreciate your assistance.

Danny Haylett
0 Likes