cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Fibre Heroes

daveyboy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

Hi,

Our street is now ready for full fibre and this is being done by Fibre Heroes. Until very recently, none of their blurb ever mentioned TalkTalk as a potential full fibre broadband supplier. But the most recent flyer received from Fibre Heroes now has TalkTalk listed as a supplier.
Nothing in my account or upgrade offers suggests this is available to me. So, a couple of questions..

1. Can TalkTalk supply me with full fibre broadand using the Fibre Heroes network?

2. If so and I decide to go for it, will I be forced into VoIP calling or will my PSTN line remain active?
3. If any of the above is possible, how do I go about ordering it?

4. If calling is switched to VoIP, do call charges and/or boosts still apply?

Any advice gratefully received.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Morning,

Hopefully there will be an option to order this directly through TalkTalk in the near future.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

daveyboy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 12

Hi Michelle,

That is correct - our village has had fibre installed by Fibre Heroes and it seems if we want to use this, we can only have broadband from one of their providers, none of which I have ever heard of.

I was hopeful that as they now list Home Telecom (and state they are a subsidiary of Talk Talk) as one of their providers, I could just keep my existing Talk Talk account but upgrade to full fibre.

daveyboy_0-1704914260569.png

Having read some online reviews of Home Telecom I don't want to have anything to do with them directly. But if at some point, there is a means by which Talk Talk can use the Fibre Heroes network, then that is something I would definitely be interested in.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi,

Can I just confirm, does it show that TalkTalk FTTP is not currently available to you?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

daveyboy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 12

Hi,

Having done a little online research on "Home Telecom" I won't be going anywhere near them any time soon! Looks like if I want to take advantage of the full fibre available in our area, I will need to change providers.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Good morning,

I'm sorry for the delay on this. I've been advised that you would need to contact Home Telecom directly as they will be able to provide more support on this.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Morning,

I'm really sorry for the delay. We're still looking into this.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi Dave,

To be honest I've no idea, but I'll try to find out

Chris

0 Likes

daveyboy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 12

Hi,

On closer inspection of the Fibre Heroes flyer that has come, it actually says the provider is "TalkTalk in partnership with Home Telecom". Does that mean I will be able to keep my TalkTalk account and just switch to full fibre, or will I have to effectively switch to Home Telecom as a new broadband supplier?

Thanks

Dave

0 Likes

daveyboy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 12

Thanks Arne, there is no rush so I will just wait to be informed when it is available and make the change at that point.

It is lucky that this latest flyer came from Fibre Heroes when it did because I had decided that, in the New Year, I was going to go for full fibre and it looked as though that would have meant switching broadband provider.

Thanks

Dave

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi daveyboy

Full fibre is not available in your account yet, but as the work has been completed I would imagine we will contact you to inform you when its possible, sorry cant be more accurate.  

Most copper lines are being stopped eventually, (some areas quicker than others), so VOIP will be the only option but it acts exactly the same as your PSTN phone including call charges etc.

hope that helps.

0 Likes