cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Complaint over unfixed, fault with landline call boosts and callsafe

Pacman69
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 42 of 42

Hello, not sure where to start but will try keep short and too point.

A number of months now I spoted on my telephone boosts options that there was an offer on " Unlimitited UK calls bost"  the was a £4 pm discount.  So I unselected the current " Unlimitited UK calls bost" ( full price ) and selceted save.  Nice £4pm saving I thought, now next bill came and ALL of my calls were billed that the boost should have covered.  I contacted talktalk after a waiting till next bill in case was refund due to switch over etc but same again.  I again contacted talktalk and they just wanted to do a refund.  I questioned if there was a fault with my bosts as calls should be free?  The agent told me " I don't know, and I don't know how to raise it if there was.  I just deal with billing " 🤔  She did say she'd raise it with he Manager.

During this all on going, I've spoted my caller display, call safe , anno caller reject , ex-directory listing? seems to also have packed up.  I think the " Unlimitited UK calls bost " is now working as I've got a free UK call on my upcoming bill?!?!?

I've contact talktalk countless times and point out the bosts not working but get told " oh, it looks as if billing is dealing with this and put back to them"  They tell me the same thing as the lady did they don't look at faults 😵

I've tried re-activeting call safe on line says will take a few mins and never turns on. On the phone I get a message say unable to active please contact us. 😡

We are now getting loads cold calls etc a day and also from numbers we had blocked via call safe.

I seem to be going round and round with this, can someone on here a MOD may be??

Thanks Pacman.
0 Likes
41 REPLIES 41

Message 21 of 42
0 Likes

Message 22 of 42

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk ,

As requested I've just tested my landline and caller display seems to be working ok.

Like you said call safe and anon caller block seem to be disabled at the moment.

Thanks.

Thanks Pacman.
0 Likes

Message 23 of 42

Hi Pacman69

We are adding the broken services one by one 

We have re-added caller display this afternoon can you test it later on this evening.

Thank you. 

0 Likes

Message 25 of 42

Thank you @Arne-TalkTalk , yet again I'll await your/networks teams update.....

Thanks Pacman.
0 Likes

Message 26 of 42
0 Likes

Message 27 of 42

Hello @Arne-TalkTalk ,

Well Call-Safe is now enabled and working but caller display and Anon Caller block have stoped working.

Please can you get them to sort this...!!!

Thanks Pacman.
0 Likes

Message 28 of 42
0 Likes

Message 29 of 42
0 Likes

Message 30 of 42

Hello @Arne-TalkTalk ,

Not sure what's happend then as my Call Safe is NOT working at my end. It worked for one day but then seemed to packup overnight. I checked it's status on MY Account and it's showing as turned off.  I try and turn it on and get message saying to wait *See pic' attached* but it never seems to trun on. I aslo get the same when I try and actvite it directley using my landline phone.

Anon' caller reject and caller display are still working and are showing as such in my accont.  It's just call safe that won't turn back on.

Please can you advise accordingley, thanks.

Screenshot_20231120_185417_Chrome.jpeg
Thanks Pacman.
0 Likes

Message 31 of 42
0 Likes

Message 32 of 42

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk 

What on earth is going on at Talktalk???  Just had a call from a new caller to me on my landline, they said it just rang thought as normal also callsafe didn't anounce the new caller I to me and ask to approve it etc.  I thought may be my past approved list had been recovered?!?

I came on my acount at found it's turned off again 😠 see pic also caller display and anon call bar are still working but are showing as off still in my account.  After 6mth of trying to get talktalk to sort it we seem to get it right then it gets dissabled overnight? What is going on!!!!!

Call safeCall safe

Thanks Pacman.
0 Likes

Message 33 of 42

Hello @Arne-TalkTalk ,

I've just tried ringing my landline from my mobile and the landline is now displaying my mobile number when I ring.  I've also tried the same withholding my number on my mobile when I call my landline and get a nice talktalk lady telling me anon' calls to this number are not accepted.  So it looks as if they are both working ( At last after about 6mths of trying ).

The two boosts are not showen though as active in my account section for my landline telephone, I guess this will still need to update?

Thanks Pacman.
0 Likes

Message 34 of 42

Hi Pacman69

Yes the network team removed them and have now readed them should be active in the next 24 hours, So if you can test them tomorrow and let us know. 

Thanks

Message 35 of 42

@Arne-TalkTalk , just thought I'd check my current bost settings from my end.... please see attached.....

As you can see caller display and anon caller reject are NOT selected. So I belive this is why there not working?  Please can you advise accodingley thanks.  I've not change / saved anything as yet as not sure if it will cause issues at your end.....

Thanks

Boosts.PNG
Thanks Pacman.
0 Likes

Message 36 of 42

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk ,

In response to your update.....

I've just tried calling my landline from my own mobile and my caller display on and my landline phone is still saying Anon' number and not my mobile number.  I've also tried calling with my mobile number with-held and rings though.  So I can advise that the Anon call block and caller dissplay are NOT working at my end.  I got e-mails just before lunch and a few about an hour go seeming to reflect as you advised that the two bost where taken off then put back on.

In your update ( I'm guessing a little here ) you've confirmf they are working at a network level?  So the issue I'd prsume is betwen my phone and the network.

Just few thoughts from that

• Do I need to do anything at my end....? EG:  Re-start my full fiber box thing, router or voice adapter thing that plugs into my router and phone so it picks up that change?
  • How is the network ( main BT/openreach phone system, guessing what you see? ) conected to my phone landline via my full service fiber hookup? Could it be an issue with that conversion/conection hardwere or softerwere?

Please advise thanks.....

Thanks Pacman.
0 Likes

Message 37 of 42

Thanks for the update about callssafe I did ask for the other services to be stopped and restarted , it appears they have done that with callsafe, I will follow this up. 

**edit*  I can confirm the calls boost is working correctly

0 Likes

Pacman69
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 38 of 42

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk and Commuity,

Just a quick update from my end and update request from talktalks network end.

Things seem to have taken a SMALL step forward as my call safe now seems to be working.  It's showing as on and I can controll it from the call safe sections on my account.  That said, my blocked and allowed numbers seem to have been deleted.  I'll re-input them.

Bad news time the, Caller display/ID, Anonymous Caller Reject arn't working at my end.  Not sure about the Unlimited UK Calls Boost guess will have to await my next bill?  All three are enabled with-in "Home Phone Calling Boosts and Privacy Features" so not sure to turn them off then back on? Can you / talktalk advise on this?

All I've had by way of updates from Talktalk is four e-mails in all which look to be what is sent out to new customers.  Two both saying the same saying my full fiber service is live ( confused as no problems with my internet ) and another two looking to be duplicates giving me more info.  Seems to show my account info internet speeds etc.

Anyway I'm now not sure if Talktalk think my caller display and anon reject are working or not or want me to test etc, please can you advise?

Thanks

Thanks Pacman.
0 Likes

Message 39 of 42

Thank you for that @Arne-TalkTalk .  For your info I do rember talk of that being requested already from one of the many agents along he line so may have already been done?

I'm hoping you can see at your end a long of my contacts / issues? 

I've also updated my bost list as it shows at my end, no end of turning them on / off sems to do anything....

My addonsMy addons

Thanks Pacman.
0 Likes

Message 40 of 42

Hi @Pacman69

Sorry that you are having problems. 

The usual steps for a fault with calling features is to remove and re-add them, I will request this to be done at the network level.