cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

HUGE rise in monthly cost.

Mally4
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Can someone please explain this --------

My monthly price is £34.00 for fibre 65.

A week or so ago i had the "free" upgrade to full fibre.

Today i get an email informing me that my next bill will be for £63.94.

No explanation as to why the HUGE rise in cost at all, NO communication from anyone at talktalk.

I tried to use the "chat" facility, guess what, i doesn't work. All it says is "please return to the previous page or sign in". I AM SIGNED IN, i go to the previous page and hey presto there is no chat option, i go forward a page and get the same message as above.

I want to know A,S,A,P why my charges have nearly doubled. No doubt it will be a "clerical error" and i will have to wait a month for MY money to be given back to me.

Guess what *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* ( talktalk ) when my contract expires you will also expire, i have had enough of being treated this way by you and i AM swapping provider. I thought VM was bad enough but you are even WORSE.

SORT MY BILL AND DON'T GIVE ME ANY CRAP !!!!

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9
0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

And what exactly is an ONT ?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

The setup fee has been cleared, just to clarify the setup fee is not to setup the router its the install of the ONT etc.   

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Check in Transaction History, @Mally4.

A bill display cannot be changed once issued. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

As the "engineer" didn't set up my router i think i shouldn't have to pay a set up fee.

He left the small wall box loose and dangling, which i had to sort out.

He left brick dust all over the carpet, which i had to clean up.

He didn't connect the router to my pc via ethernet cable, which i provided, instead he merely said i would have to buy a cable for the connection. The cable was in front of him the whole time for the connection to my pc. I had to reboot the router and small wall box several times in order to get the connection working.

The next day i was asked to fill out a "satisfaction survey" regarding the engineer visit and to complete it online. Needless to say i ignored the survey as they wouldn't have liked to hear what i had to say.

Also why charge a set up fee at all as i never asked for the upgrade in the first place, my connection was running fine so i saw no reason to change it. You pushed the upgrade onto me therefore i see no reason that i should have top pay for something i never asked for.

BTW the charge on my bill still shows the same as it did yesterday, it has not altered as you said it had.

This "service" just gets crappier by the day.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

HI @Mally4

The extra charge was the £30 upgrade setup fee which has since been cleared, when you log into My Account you will se the updated amount in the account balance section when you view your bill.

Sorry for any confusion. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

No matter where i try to log into chat OR which browser Or despite adblock being disabled, i still gat the box asking me to sign in or return to the previous page. I think it's a ruse to stop people complaining to *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* about the "service" or the charges. I've had enough of their practices, i WILL be leaving at contract end.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

@Mally4, you shouldn't even need to be signed in to use Chat, @Mally4.

Try disabling ad blockers / enable pop ups / try another browser  / try the Chat link from this page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

The details of what they are charging you for should be visible in My Account. That's not saying that what is there is actually correct.

Staff will be back on here after the weekend, if you need further help. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes