cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Cisco AnyConnect

ClaireD2
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

I'm having serious issues where my work's vpn, Cisco AnyConnect, continuously drops and reconnects. This only happens with Talk Talk, not when I'm using my phone as a hotspot or any other wifi network. From searching the forums this seems to be a known issue.

My work's IT dept have advised I ask the following from you:

1. Ask them to do an intrusive line test
  2. Ask them to confirm if the VPN ports on your line are enabled
  3. Ask them to confirm if there is any DNS routing on your line, and request to opt out if so (this will always cause VPN issues)
  4. Ask them to confirm if there is anything else on their side stopping VPN connections (i.e. fair usage policies)

If there are any fixes I can implement via my router settings, please let me know. I've previously tried a factory reset.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

Cisco usually works fine with this model without making any changes, but as it's quite old now, we can't rule out a failing router.  A new one will usually be out in 24hrs to 48hrs.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

ClaireD2
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

Thanks Karl, when should this come through by? I take it none of the steps suggested by by work's IT dept in the original post were helpful?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi

Cisco Any Connect does work fine with the HG633 router, but as this is about 6 years old, I'll get a new router out to you to test.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

ClaireD2
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Done!

Just to pre-empt a likely suggestion, I don't have an ethernet cable so can't connect to the router directly.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi

Can you please add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' so I can pick this up for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes