Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Internet not working again

128 REPLIES 128
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

My internet is playing up again keep losing connection whilst on my xbox also while using BBC I player also losing connection  on my phone I am fed up with this now been happening  a lot recently can somebody  help please  

Kieran
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi sharky110,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the connection looks stable for 5 days. Do you have any devices connected wired to confirm if this is only affecting wireless? We can then offer further advice on the wireless connection.

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Michelle its wired and wireless  I have connected my laptop with  wired and is still slow it's not opening web pages properly  it's taking a long time to connect to the internet  it is the same as it was last time your end is not showing a problem why does it keep  going like this  my firebox was buffering on bbc I player also kept stopping why can I not get an internet  connection that stays working 

Kieran
Highlighted

Hi sharky110,

Thanks for confirming this. The sync speed also looks good so this shouldn't cause any issues with performance. Could you try rebooting the router and then letting me know if the buffering is still happening following this please? Is the voice service also ok?

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Michelle I will reboot now what do you mean voice service 

Kieran
Highlighted

Hi sharky110

Thank you. The voice service - when you make calls from your landline.

Debbie

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Michelle  landline seems to be  ok

Kieran
Highlighted

Hi sharky110

Thanks for your reply.

How has the connection been since you rebooted the router?

Debbie

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Debbie still seems the same at the moment 

Kieran
Highlighted

Hi sharky110

Apologies for this.

Does the buffering still occur if you connect just one device (wired) with no other devices in use?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Yes it is with only one device  connected two phones connected that's about it 

Kieran
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Debbie previous message

Kieran
Highlighted

Hi sharky110

Thanks for your reply.

Your line is showing in sync at 40mb.

I've updated your router firmware version. Please can you test this again and let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Debbie thanks I will 

Kieran
Highlighted

Hi sharky110

Thank you, please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Debbie hi just turned my firestick on and its saying no internet  connection 

Kieran
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Debbie  just checking setting on firestick says connected to wifi no internet connection  

Kieran
Highlighted

Hi sharky110,

Sorry to hear this. Do you have an alternative router that you could test with to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Michelle I might be able to find old one not sure but dont think that will run my fibre they changed the router when I got fibre

Kieran
Highlighted

Hi sharky110,

Ok, would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks