Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Speed dropped from guaranteed 55Mbit to 35-45Mbit

5 REPLIES 5
jerry71
Popular Poster

My TalkTalk Faster Fibre speed boost has in recent weeks dropped from the minimum guaranteed router sync speed of 55Mb to just 35-45Mb.

It was initially down to 35Mb and I tried switching off the router for 30 minutes and connecting again.

I keep the router switched on 24/7 and only switched it off because the speed had decreased to 35Mbit.

After switching off for 30 minutes the router sync speed was still stuck on 35Mbit for a week. It has over the last few days increased to 45Mbit but it is still below the minimum router sync speed of 55Mbit.

router sync speed2.jpg

router sync speed 1.jpg

The router is connected to the Master Socket which is labelled as Master Socket 5C with an Openreach MK4 filtered faceplate.

There is no extension wiring on the Master Socket.

master socket.jpg

I have checked the phone line for noise/crackling and it sounds clear.

I have run the TalkTalk “Check Service Status” option and it shows I’m lower than the guaranteed router sync speed.

service status1.jpg

service status2.jpg

Can I get the speed put back to the minimum guaranteed speed that I signed up for?

OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi jerry71

I'm sorry to hear this.

The line test is detecting a possible fault. Would it be possible to connect the router directly at the test socket using a microfilter so we can run another line test in this set up?

Thanks

Debbie

jerry71
Popular Poster

I switched off the router for 30 minutes and connected it directly to the test socket using one of the microfilters supplied with my TalkTalk router.

master socket1.jpg

The connection speed almost identical as before. 45.8Mbit at the test socket compared to 45.4Mbit on the faceplate.

router sync speed 3.jpg

router sync speed4.jpg

I will keep it connected to the test socket. Can you run another line test?

Thanks.

OCE_Debbie

Hi jerry71

Thank you.

The line test is still detecting a possible landline fault. Could you please check the line again for any noise when making calls?

If the line is clear then we will raise this over to Openreach to investigate the slow speed.

Thanks

Debbie

jerry71
Popular Poster

I just checked the landline again. The dial tone is clear and I dialled the 1471 and 1571 numbers to see if there was any noise when the voice was speaking. They both played back with no crackling or distortion.

OCE_Debbie

Hi jerry71

Thanks for your reply,

I have passed the slow speed fault over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer. We should receive further updates within the next 48hrs.

Debbie