cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Constant packet loss / packet delay over last 3 months

Ssmith46
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 34 of 34

Hello, i have raised this with talktalk support about 50 times via live chat, had a talktalk engineer visit and test the house wiring, and cabinet to house, ive had an openreach engineer visit and test the exchange to cabinet, and cabinet to house, all tests showed excellent condition and no issues.

i work in IT so i have an understanding of whats going on yet i keep getting provided useless help such as reset router, even after explaining that the issue is not within the house, cabinet or exchange and that it is on talktalks server / datacentre end.

Yet i have constant packet loss, this has been ongoing since around late october, november the 7th was when it was first reported it, and i have been on live chat countless times since trying to get a resolution.

The speed is still 100% fine, achieving 80mbps/20 (exactly what we pay for) - yet talktalk speed test shows otherwise, the issue is with packet loss making it impossible to do any high intensity tasks which relay on packets being delivered in a timely manner such as video calls and gaming.

This is affecting my work and yet noone at talktalk has been any help over the last months fixing this.

The openreach engineer told me it was an issue with talktalk servers.

I have attached packet test from an external source into my ip address.

i have also attached a speed test result over last 7 days from talktalk support page.

i have attached a traceroute.

i have attached current speed test (this is not true i am receiving 80mbps...)

Please can someone with actual knowledge of this issue tell me whats going on and how i can get this resolved, if it cant be resolved i will be leaving talktalk after 18 years of no issues just since its impossible to work with this and has been ongoing for 3 months!

traceroute.pngPacket loss today.pngspeed today.pngspeed last 7 days.PNG
0 Likes
33 REPLIES 33

Message 21 of 34

Hello, this happens on every device wired or wireless

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 34

Thanks, @Ssmith46 I had no idea that you had already created your own thread.

Please can you use pathping to clearly show where the packet loss is occurring? If you want to preserve your privacy, please PM me the results.

Is this only happening on one device and on everything you do?

The information below is provided by TalkTalk, for confirmation please contact @Debbie-TalkTalk or@Michelle-TalkTalk.

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue. Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.

If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc. one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 23 of 34

Thanks for confirming. I'll pass this over to our team and ask them to have a look. Would it be possible to post the trace routes as plain text please as am unable to copy the image and I'll need to send this over too.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 24 of 34

i tried 2 talktalk routers already, the last tracert shows 3/4ms on all to the router.

tracert new.pngping to google.pngtracert couk.png
0 Likes

Message 25 of 34

Just to add, could you run another wired ping test please but to google.co.uk and not .com please.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 26 of 34

Hi,

Thanks for confirming. The first ping result does looks high if the test was run wired. Have you also recently tested with a different router? If not then we can send one for testing purposes to rule this out.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Ssmith46
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 34

i just completed another test new tracertnew tracert

0 Likes

Message 28 of 34

Constantly since last week of october its occured every second of the day.

All tests completed as wired.

Packet loss test is from an external source into my ip address

0 Likes

Message 29 of 34

Hello,

Thank you. Does the packet loss happen at all times of the day or mainly peak times? Your results in your first post are showing high pings to the router. Can I just confirm, did you run this specific ping test wired or wireless?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 30 of 34

Done.

0 Likes

Message 31 of 34

Hi again,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 32 of 34

Updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 33 of 34

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes