FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Dropping out (G.fast)

kenney29
Chatterbox
Message 13 of 13

Hi,

We have been having internet drop outs for the last month. Before this issue started the internet has stable (150mb down and 30 up) with no dropping. Now we have 4 to 10 drops a day where are internet goes off for 2-5 mins and reconnects back at the same speeds (150mb down and 30 up).

On the provided BT modem when the internet drops out, the lights on are the power and the LAN lights. The DSL light flashes until the internet works again and once that happens the light is solid again.

As G.Fast has a Openreach modem and TalkTalk provided router we tested the router while the internet was out. It seems fine while the internet is out as we can transfer files on our home network while the internet is down with out any issues.

We have other ISP in the area laying fibre and they are running the fibre via Openreach ducts and have damaged cables recently (https://www.bridgwatermercury.co.uk/news/20070588.bridgwater-residents-left-without-reliable-interne...). So we are not sure if this is the case here as well as we did not have issue before.

Can you help pin down what is causing this issue?

Samuel Kenney
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hello,

I've just sent you a Private Message.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi,

I can check the availability for the date provided. Charges would apply if the engineer locates a fault with your own internal wiring or equipment. If nothing has changed since the engineer install then charges shouldn't apply as this was set up by the engineer. Would you like to proceed?

Thanks

Message 3 of 13

Hello,

Thanks for confirming your details. Please can you provide some availability AM (8-1) and PM (1-6) and we'll book this visit for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi kenney29

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 5 of 13

The support team here can make the booking for you, they can try to fit it around the times that are convenient for you. If you are happy to post the times that are good for you in this topic then you could go ahead and do that. If you would prefer to keep the details private then you could add it into the 'private notes' section in your community profile.

Either way, the support team here would then be able to make a booking for you when they return tomorrow.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Yes that would be the next step.

Is there a way of choosing a date and time range for the engineer visit? It is hard to get free time in weekdays due work commitments, so picking a day within in the week that someone in the house will be free will help.

Samuel Kenney
0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

OK thanks. To investigate further we'll need to arrange an engineer visit. If you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details

Chris

0 Likes

kenney29
Chatterbox
Message 8 of 13

Hi,

The DSL and internet light go out when the internet is out. The power and the Lan stay lit.

Thanks

Samuel Kenney
0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Hello,

We can't send out a replacement Openreach modem as this would have to be replaced by an engineer as part of an engineer investigation to the property. Can I just confirm, what lights change on the modem when the connection drops?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Hi,

You can send it but I don't believe it is the router as it is not used to connect to the internet. With a G.fast line there is a modem from Openreach used to connect to the internet and this is disconnecting from the internet. Its like the picture below. It might be worth this piece being replaced.

Will there be a charge for the router and free return if it turns out not to be the problem.

Samuel Kenney
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 13

Hi kenney29

I'm sorry to hear this.

The line test hasn't detected any issues. Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing so we can rule this out?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

Hi @kenney29,

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

The TalkTalk Support Team on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.