cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Slow speeds

Siannn
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 36 of 36

Router keeps disconnecting, and telling me I am connected with no Internet connection and when it comes back on I end up getting really slow speeds everytime, I have it fixed and the normal speeds only last for 2 days maximum 

0 Likes
35 REPLIES 35

Message 1 of 36

Look for a returns bag in the packaging whether of the old or new router, and return the unwanted one free of charge using the prepaid label, @Siannn.

Keep a certificate of posting. 

Staff can send you a bag if there isn't one already provided. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 36

That's great, thank you, what do I do about the routers as I have 2 now, the engineer has left the new one set up as the old router was making a clicking sound and he said that it should not be doing that 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 36

Hi @Siannn 

Just a follow up 🙂

I've checked the engineer report from this morning.  The engineer has confirmed that work was carried out on the line and at the cabinet.

Lets see how your connection behaves over this weekend.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 36

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 36

Thank you 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 36

Hi

The current fault that BT have open has now been booked in for Thurs 19th AM (8-1).

I can then check the report tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 7 of 36

Okay how do I arrange the appointment?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 36

Hi

If a fault exists, and is not caused by anything on your side, then there would be no charges applied.  It is up to Openreach to maintain and clear any issues within their network.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 9 of 36

Will I be charged for the visit? 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 36

Hi

We can see what this next engineer will do, and escalate further within Openreach if required.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 11 of 36

The last engineer I had out was on the 4th of September. He rewired everything in the flat and it still hasn't worked from then.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 36

Hi

If you can let us know once the engineer has been, we can check their report and findings and then see what the next step is.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 13 of 36

I have had loads of engineer visits and do not want to be charged for them, they've have been out relentlessly and the problem still continues, they have put all new wiring into the flat and I have now also changed the router and still nothing works 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 36

Hi

Have you called in to our teams recently.  I'm showing that a fault is logged out to Openreach.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 15 of 36

Maybe if the channel is set to a channel that works the router won't reset itself and will manage to keep the speeds 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 36

I have recieved the router and the speeds have come up a bit but I'm still not getting my guaranteed speeds are you able to run another line test as that seems to brings the connection speeds up

0 Likes

Message 17 of 36

Hi @Siannn 

Ok no problem. I will check in again with you after the router has arrived.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 18 of 36

I literally had an appointment to the property last week and had all the wiring in my house replaced, so I'll wait to test the new router first. Thank you 

Message 19 of 36

Hi @Siannn 

Openreach are now advising that an appointment to the property is required.

Would you like me to arrange the engineer visit or wait until you have received and tested with the replacement router first?

0 Likes