FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN issues with the latest Sagemcom firmware

demulv
Team Player
Message 14 of 14

Hi,

Does anyone know if the VPN issues that seem to be common with the latest Sagemcom firmware are actively being looked at, and if so when the updated firmware will be released?

I'd rather stick with the Sagemcom 5364 router, however I'm anxious that I'm on borrowed time with the SG4K10002816t firmware it currently has!

Thanks.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi demulv

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

Message 2 of 14

For anyone else with similar concerns, my router upgraded to SG4K100130 last night, and the VPN clients for Cisco AnyConnect, Zscaler, and Windows 10's own L2TP/IPsec client can connect with no problems 👍

My home setup is pretty standard - the only exception being that network clients use my own DNS server (Pi-hole) rather than the router's.

Message 3 of 14

Hi demulv

Ok no problem 🙂

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Thanks for the offer Debbie, but I don't have any issues at the moment...  I'm just kinda' pre-empting them!

Fingers crossed my particular flavours of VPN clients aren't affected by the firmware update when it arrives.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Hi demulv

Apologies for this.

Would you like me to send a Huawei WIFI hub for testing to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 6 of 14

All I can go on is what TalkTalk tell me. However, I will see if they have tested your cloud-based Zscaler, and Windows 10's built-in client with a L2TP/IPsec connection.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 7 of 14

Thanks for looking into, however the activity on the forum would suggest - and I'm being generous here - they didn't perform tests using VPN clients that many of the user community are using.

I guess I'll have to cross my fingers I'm not using one of the affected VPN clients!

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 8 of 14

I have just been in touch with TalkTalk about the new firmware & they have fully tested it on many VPN types and they all work.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 9 of 14

I do not know of any issue specific to V130 to do with VPN access.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

I don't have any issues with DNS (I use my own), nor do I have any issues with VPN connectivity.  In fact I have no issues at all - which is how I would like it to remain.

There is a potential issue though, with the upcoming firmware update which (looking at the forum) stands a good chance of breaking VPN access.  So my question is - is the VPN issue on the new firmware being actively looked at, and if so when is there likely to be a subsequent update to rectify it?

The current solution seems to be swapping out the Sagemcom router with a Huawei one, which I'd rather not have.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 11 of 14

Normally the issue is the TalkTalk DNS server, trychanging this to Google DNS (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4) by logging into the router & going to:-

Dashboard > See internet settings > Manage advanced settings > Internet connectivity

This loads the Basicinternet connectivity page, where the network DNS servers can be configured. 

Change the DNS dropdown box to Manually Specify DNS. Then set DNS 1 & DNS 2

Keith

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14

Well looking at this board, there do seem to be quite a few issues 🙂

The two VPNs I use are the cloud-based Zscaler, and Windows 10's built-in client with a L2TP/IPsec connection.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 13 of 14

There are no known VPN issues with this router.

What VPN client are you using?

Keith

0 Likes