Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Noise margin/Interleave depth

4 REPLIES 4
sjoram
Sightseer

I have a service/router which I 'manage', but that I am not the account holder for. I have resolved a voice fault and restored DSL sync, but notice it is currently running on a 25dB downstream margin and Interleave depth 64. I don't know if TT run DLM and whether this is a result of that or possibly having been set for a long time from a historic voice fault. I'd like to get this reset to a 6dB margin and Interleave depth 1. What is the best way for me/the account holder to get this done? Downstream rate is currently 9215Kbps but attainable rate shows 23280Kbps which is more like it for the line length. I have another line on TTB wholesale with Annex M enabled. Can the retail lines have Annex M set?

ferguson
Community Star

You could try switching the router off for 30 minutes to clear the existing session at the DSLAM which may kickstart the speed. Otherwise, assuming all is otherwise well with the line, the support team can optimise the settings. They won't be back online until Monday though. Make sure that the account holder's details are complete on your community profile here so that they can link your forum identity with the account.

sjoram
Sightseer

I'm remote from it at the moment, so I can't disconnect. I do have remote access to monitor the sync stats however. Details updated on my profile are my own. I share a surname with the account holder as they are one of my parents.

Fortunately this is only a 'backup' line as my wholesale line is used primarily. This was kept in the event of issues with my wholesale circuit.

ferguson
Community Star

OK, pop the account holder's landline number in your Private Notes section so that the team can associate the account.

Community Team

Hi sjoram

If you know someone that has an issue with their service you will have to ask them to contact us directly so we can look into this for them.  We do not usually deal with customer issues by proxy.

Thanks

Karl.