Dixi Chicken
Chat Champion

Hello,

after about a month  back on my usual speed , my broadband has

slowed right down again:

Ping ms 1086  - Download Mbps 1.56  - Upload Mbps 0.20
Very frustrating!!

* Phone line clear!

* Speed tested in test socket with only 1 device connected.

* Checked all possibilities..eg..restarted router, checked  filters,

wired connection etc.etc..to no avail.

* Had a new router sent just over a month ago...when this problem occurred previously,

but did nothing to my speed back then, which eventually got back to my usual 6.5mbps,

after several posts with Debbie and Chris... (Thanks!)

Now this happened again and I wonder if you could optimize to get my speed higher.

thanks,

Dixi Chicken

p.s. my neighbour saw BT working around the corner a couple of days back...wonder if that made a difference??

Dixi Chicken
Dixi Chicken
Chat Champion
Oh... speed just dropped to 0.35mbps...
I am screaming!!!!

Dixi Chicken
Dixi Chicken
Community Team

Hi Dixi Chicken,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Just to confirm, are you currently running the speed tests wired or wireless?

Thanks

Dixi Chicken
Chat Champion

Hi Michelle,

thanks for your reply‼️

Testing wired and wireless...makes not much difference at all..

Reset my router again yesterday after my speed had gone down from 

0.35 mbps and then to 00.2

After reset the speed magically went up to 6.57 for the rest of the day and night.

This morning first thing , speed back down to

Ping 11min , Download 00.5mbps , Upload 1.46

Unplugged router for 30 seconds again and speed back to 6.48 mbps..

What is going on??

Dixi

Dixi Chicken
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Dixi,

Could I just confirm, are you using a HG633 or the 3782 router?

Thanks

Dixi Chicken
Chat Champion

Michelle,

its the HG633

received that one just about a month ago...

Dixi

Dixi Chicken
Community Team

Hi Dixi,

Ok thanks for confirming this. Was the previous router also a HG633? Have you ever tested with a 3782?

Thanks

Dixi Chicken
Chat Champion

previous router was a different one, which I sent back to TalkTalk...

Cant recall the model number, but whatever it was , there was a problem, hence I got this HG633 sent in June.

Dixi

Dixi Chicken
Community Team

Hi Dixi,

We can send another make and model of router to test with, would you like us to arrange this?

Chris

Dixi Chicken
Chat Champion

Thanks Chris,

if you think this is a router problem, please go ahead and send a replacement.

Thanks,

Dixi

Dixi Chicken
Community Team

OK, I've ordered the router, should be with you within a couple of days - please let us know how you get on

Chris

Dixi Chicken
Chat Champion

Hello,

sorry for very late reply..

New router arrived in July, but in meantime my internet speed had picked up to 6.75mbps.

Last night though the speed dropped to 1.07mbps, where it is still this morning..

I have reset the router and done all the tests as usual, several times but no progress.

There seems to be a pattern, that every 2,3,4 months my speed drops for a few weeks...

Saying that I noticed some BT Openworld vans driving around our area, working on some cables opposite our house and funnily since then my speed seems to have dropped drastically...

could you please check that??

THANKS!!!!

Dixi

Dixi Chicken
Dixi Chicken
Chat Champion

Speed down to 0.52mbps now!!

Please help!!😩😩

Dixi Chicken
Dixi Chicken
Chat Champion

speed down to 0.12 now 😩😩

Very frustrated!!

Dixi

Dixi Chicken
Community Team

Hi Dixi,

I'm really sorry for the delay in responding and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential fault towards the property.

Could I just confirm, are you experiencing any issues with the voice service at the moment such as noise on the line? Are you currently using the replacement router? Is the router still connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Dixi Chicken
Chat Champion

Hi Michelle,

thanks for looking into this !!

No problems with the phone line.

Router is connected to the test socket and has been re- started several times 

with no success..

I am not using the replacement router...it’s still in the box and can be used if needed,

But from previous experience with my slow speed issues, exchanging the router never made any difference some how.

regards,

Dixi

Dixi Chicken
Community Team

Hi

An engineer will be required to resolve this.  I'll drop you a PM with the info required.

Thanks

Karl. 

Dixi Chicken
Chat Champion

Sorry, but I declined an appointment with the engineer, because I know for sure that the problem is not in my property and I don't feel like paying a potentially £65 - £128 just for an engineer to tell me that..

Especially when reading about other customers experiences with the engineers......

It always seems to be the only option suggested, to send an appointed "potentially" costly engineer.

My speed problem actually started after a BT engineer fiddled about with the overground cables in our road, where all our phone/ broadband lines come together from the top of our houses onto a wooden pole across the road...BT were working there over a couple of days...

Might be coincidence..??

I myself have done all the usual tests , new micro filter, new cable between router and master socket, testing via test socket, resetting the router and  yesterday installed the new router I had received 4 months when this same loss of speed problem occurred.

(That time I didn't need the new router as issue sorted itself out somehow even without using an engineer..)

The new router DSL-3782 actually increased my speed  yesterday from 0.75mbps to 2.30mbps ! WOW..;-)

Unfortunately this was short lived, as the router stopped working after 2 hours.

The power light just turned red and stayed there, no other lights lit up, even unplugging and factory resetting the router had no effect.

I am now back on my old router Huawei HG633, with 0.85 - 1.05mbps and very unhappy.

This loss of speed problem seems to occur every 3 - 4 months, but  somehow always

gets back to normal after a while..

If I had paid for an engineer each time I would have spent aprox £200 by now.;-)

Is it possible to send me a replacement router. I will send the faulty DSL 3782 back tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience and my ranting about, but the time has come where I am getting really annoyed ....;-)

Dixi Chicken

Dixi Chicken
Community Team

Hi Dixi Chicken

Would you like me to send a HG633 router?

Thanks

Debbie

Dixi Chicken
Chat Champion

Thank you so much Debbie, for your speedy response...

wish my broadband speed was that fast...😂

I am not sure which router to go for now, the HG633 or the DSL-3782....?

Yes please do send me a replacement router, I leave it up to you which one...

THANKS,

Dixi Chicken

Dixi Chicken