email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up account on Android

HW-16745
Chatterbox
Message 25 of 25

I have followed the instructions, tried to change the server to mail.talktalk.net & stmp.talktalk.net but it couldn't open the connection.

Then I deleted the account on my phone and trying to add it  again but it says my username & password are incorrect. They aren't. I now can't get beyond that stage.

I tried the Live Chat but the "solution" provided didn't work so I was told to close the chat & try again. Doing that then got rid of the links shown in the Chat. 

I'm also having issues with setting up Thunderbird email on my laptop (ie it won't).

At some points it tells me to enter my talktalk email but I don't have one.

Carol78
0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

HW-16745
Chatterbox
Message 1 of 25

Sorry Ady, I copied & pasted the account number from my invoice - I don't know where else I would find it

Carol78
0 Likes

Message 2 of 25

HW-16745, I'm afraid you didn't change any information provided and that means it's still not matching what we hold on our systems. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 3 of 25

The MyAccount error message:

Sorry due to technical issues we can't log you in right now. Please try again later.

is a bug that requires a fault ticket for your MyAccount.  TalkTalk Support will pick this up for you next week.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

HW-16745
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 25

IIT has shown this since Thursday.i am using the correct details. Have there been technical issues since then?Screenshot_20210912-181409.png

Carol78
0 Likes

Message 5 of 25

When you subscribe to TalkTalk MailPlus you're asked for the email address, and its password, that you wish to retain access to. A successful subscription would result in getting a confirmation email and a MyAccount login that uses the same email address and password as its login credentials.

What's the error message indicating if you cannot login to your customer MyAccount?

HW-16745
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 25

I'm also unable to log into my account.

Carol78
0 Likes

HW-16745
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 25

Hi, I still haven't heard anything. Please could you let me know how to set the emails up on my mobile & laptop.

Carol78
0 Likes

Message 8 of 25

Should be ok. Check it's the same number shown as the Account Number when you log in to MyAccount.

HW-16745
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 25

Thank you.

I've clicked on the link and provided the account number that appears on my invoice.

If there is a different number I don't know where to find it!

Carol78
0 Likes

Message 10 of 25

The Support team send these links via Community Personal Messaging (PM). These messages are by selecting your avatar, top right of the Community page when you're logged in to Community and you then select the envelope icon. There are functional issues currently with PM's so let us know if you don't see or cannot select the link.

0 Likes

HW-16745
Chatterbox
Message 11 of 25

Hi, I can't find any link? Where have you sent it? There is nothing in my inbox except this message today saying you've sent a link

Carol78
0 Likes

Message 12 of 25

I've sent another link after this I won't be able to offer support if you're not able to provide the information that matches your account. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 25

I've added the information like you asked.

The last reply was that nothing could be done for 7days - on 13th August.

I can't tell when or if anyone has responded very easily, because it doesn't come through on my phone or my laptop. 

Carol78
0 Likes

Message 14 of 25

I've merged your post into the existing topic. 

As you know, Ady could not verify your use of the mailboxes because the data you gave did not match to that held by TalkTalk. 

So that Ady can look at your MailPlus account please put the customer account number in your Community profile Private notes. 

HW-16745
Chatterbox
Message 15 of 25

I'm still waiting for someone to get back to me regarding my previous query. The settings don't work to reset my tiscali address on my mobile or laptop.

I've been waiting a month now, this isn't good service.

Carol78
0 Likes

Message 16 of 25

Hi HW-16745, unfortunately the information provided doesn't match what's held on our systems. We aren't able to try again for 7 days here on the community. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 17 of 25

Hi HW-16745, please answer the questions in the below link to enable us to access your account and help with your questions:
 https://smm.page.link/kiPpXUBQ9BoJDWgU8

If you don't have a Telephone Enquiry Password, follow our guide to create one or select the "I don’t have a password" link to answer some different questions. Setting up your telephone password

Thanks 

Message 18 of 25

Hi HW-16745, sorry to be a pain, but I can't identify the account from the mobile number I've resent the secure link again please use the account number to allow me to pull up your account. 

Ady

Message 19 of 25

Hi HW-16745, I've sent you a personal message to get more account information. Once I have that I'll be able to speed up the process of getting you full access again. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 20 of 25

Hi HW-16745 

You have access to webmail until the payment hits your account and then you'll have full access as normal.