FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DG8041W restarts with Kernel Panic error

shimirel
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Hi for the last few days our internet randomly restarts. Looking at the logs on the router I see the following error. Yes, it says 1981 for the date, but it had log lines around it at the time of the most recent outage. 

1981-01-01 00:00:10 [Error][Alarm-Log] AlarmID:104001,AlarmLevel:Error,Device reset. Cause: System reset due to kernel panic, Terminal:OTHER

The router is the following:

Manufacturer:Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd;
ProductClass:DG8041W;
HWVer:I.1.01;
SWVer:v1.05t;

Looking around it appears to be similar or the same as this post

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/DG8041W-Kernel-Panic/td-p/2682215

Any ideas for how to resolve it? 

Best Regards

Richard

Best Regards Richard
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi shimirel

i've updated the firmware to 1.06t.  See if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @shimirel,

This is a known problem with version 1.05 of the firmware, which I can see from your post you are currently using. When the staff here are back on Tuesday they may be able to push out version 1.06 of the firmware to your router, this has the fix in it to correct this error.

Version 1.06 has not been generally released yet, but if you are having this specific problem then the staff may well be able to push it out to your router, they will hopefully respond early next week to help.