cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

I get Free Fibre from talktalk

Wsned85
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Hi guys just thought i’d share my experience of free fibre from talktalk.  I have a bt homehub plugged into my ONT and i get free fibre from talktalk even tho i am bot a customer, best part is talktalk couldn’t care less.  I feel bad for all the paying customers when im getting it for free 🫣

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

I believe talktalk are supplying the service based on information supplied by speedtest.net

I am not a talktalk customer not am I a BT customer, I just happened to have an old BT home hub lying around.

So to clarify I am not currently a talktalk or BT customer but with a BT router connected to the ONT i get 69mp/s supplied by talktalk

I was previously a customer of talktalk until April 2023, I have not been a customer of theirs in over a year.  I currently have NO active subscription to any provider, my PON light on the ONT is solid green indicating an active connection.

I am as baffled as the next person as to how this can be possible, I believe talktalk have not disconnected from my ONT but no one can help since the records show I am not an active customer.

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

Why do you think TalkTalk is supplying the service?

Were you previously a TalkTalk customer?

You say you have a BT router plugged into the ONT, so are you actually a BT customer?

Seems like a lot of information is missing from this story.

Message 3 of 8
0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Well there must be wires crossed somewhere but no one cares.  Regardless ive got free fibre, im just gonna stop complaining and embrace the free service talktalk are giving me

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

We have checked with Openreach they have advised, OGEA is not live on Openreach.  All our other systems show disconnected. 

0 Likes

Wsned85
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

If everyone could complain to talk talk and tell then your not happy that someone is getting full fibre without paying a penny, its not fair to their customers, i have tried to tell them but they wont listen, but they soon will once everyone starts complaining 

0 Likes

Wsned85
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

FREE FIBRE FROM TALKTALK - BAD LUCK TO THOSE WHO PAY

0 Likes