FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk blocking my vpn?

rxlsoul
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

hello guy im having problems connection to my vpn as i get this error

service not reachable

the cyberghost login system is not reachable or your internet connection is not active please try again later

i had a fully paid license until next year and now i cannot use it i have no idea what to do and if it helps im using the hg635

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Antonio Mota 

We don't block VPN. If you are experiencing an issue with VPN then please can you create a new thread, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Antonio Mota
First Timer
Message 2 of 7

Why does talktalk say that they don’t block vpn, when they do block all vpn!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi rxlsoul 

Were you previously able to connect using VPN and the HG635 router?

If you are still experiencing this issue then I can send a HG633 router for testing.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi rxlsoul 

Could u try looking at ur Homesafe setting in the my account area on talktalk site it is under one of the top headings under my services then View home safe settings.

As i have found that same message appears for me when trying to visit a site which is block from that area.

if u turn off the kids it will work so must be a issue with Home safe.

if works then try adding the address to the list in the drop down where it says "Choose which websites to block and allow"

and click Allow and Save changes.

OCE Karl - i have tried to visit the site on Ethernet and worked fine did it ON WIFI and was Blocked message came up.

As soon as i swiched back to ethernet it went back to working even when u can see they are on Block on my home safe

Karl - Also why is it that one of the sites comes up with the actual talktalk block message which should they all not have that on screen??

Also the site seems not to like this address being added https://www.cyberghostvpn.com/en_GB/

Eeven when on the e-mail it shows it???

Talktalk actual Blocking MessageTalktalk actual Blocking MessageScam Pro OFF???Scam Pro OFF???

Seems also while i have been doing these test here scam protection seems to go to off ??

Should it do that will post in my thead as well.??

Hope rxlsoul  that this helps u get on to the site u need while talktalk OCE Karl and team look at the issue more on Homesafe

One last thing are u tring to access these site over a wifi connection or wired connection??

Hope that help Regards Joe
If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Both sites not available both giving the exact same error

This Site can't provide a secure connection

www.cyberghostvpn.com sent an invalid response

try running windows network diagnostics

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 7

Hi

The HG635 will work with all VPN services so there should be no issue there.

Are you unable to reach any of the cyberghost websites such as 

https://account.cyberghostvpn.com

https://www.cyberghostvpn.com/en_GB/

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes