FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a landline home phone with Future Fibre

mr_appleyard1943
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

I had Future Fibre 150 installed yesterday. It all went smoothly and my internet connection works fine. However, this morning my landline has stopped working. When I signed up for Fibre the sales person did mention that I couldn't keep my landline. However, the engineer never said anything about this at installation and when he left my phone was still working so I assumed they had decided to leave the old copper line intact as well, as it is quite an old house. I am not sure what to do now about my phone. There does not appear to be a port in the Fibre Connection box to plug in a phone. Do I need a VOIP phone now? Does that connect to the router? How do I get a 'number' for a VOIP phone, are Talk Talk meant to give me that? Appreciate any help.

Mick.

Fibre 150 #voip #eero6 #landline

Mick
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

At present you will lose the landline option and be restricted to mobile. If you give the fibre team a call they can discuss your options with you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

mr_appleyard1943
First Timer
Message 2 of 4

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. Does that mean there is no option available to have a 'home' phone with Fibre? So I just have to use my mobile? If I had known that I might not have gone ahead. The sales rep said I would lose my current number but I assumed that meant I would just get a new number for a phone I could use with my new connection.

Mick
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi

you will lose your copper based landline services when your FTTP Fibre is installed and live.

Our teams are looking at VOIP solutions, but at this time a residential VOIP service in not yet available.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes