FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOIP Phone calls over Fibre 150

howarddiver
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

I am considering upgrading from fibre 35 to fibre 150. My concern relates to phone calls.

Talktalk will supply me with an eero mesh wifi system and a digital voice adaptor.

I understand I plug my existing phone into the digital voice adapter and connect the adapter with an ethernet cable to the eero box.

I have 2 questions and would be grateful if anyone with precise knowledge could advise me.

1. How can I link the erro box to the modem / router for VOIP phone calls? Is this via an ethernet cable or wifi or both?

2. Will I be able to keep my existing phone number?

Thanks in advance.

Howard 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

howarddiver
First Timer
Message 1 of 3

Many thanks Gondola for you full and clear answer.

Regards Howard

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi howarddiver 

Have TalkTalk made an offer direct to you to upgrade your service to Future Fibre? I ask because if you choose to make the upgrade to Future Fibre 150 then it's likely to be a service without a 'phone.

If TalkTalk have made the offer to upgrade you from Fibre 35 to Fibre 150 including Digital Voice VOIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) then yes that includes an offer to migrate your existing number to Digital Voice. 

If TalkTalk have indicated to you that you'll receive an eero 6 plus a Grandstream Voice Adapter then yes you plug your phone into the Voice Adapter and the Adaptor is connected to the spare port on the eero. The other port on the eero is connected by Ethernet cable to the Openreach ONT which connects / terminates the incoming fibre optic to your home.  The ONT takes the place of a modem connecting to the outside line/fibre; the eero is the Wi-Fi router. 

The ONT requires a power socket, the eero requires a power socket, the Grandstream Voice Adaptor requires a power socket and if your 'phone has a powered base station unit then that also requires power.

The Cat5e Ethernet cable supplied with the eero is 900mm long. So, If you require the eero in a different location to the ONT then source a suitable length of Cat5e / Cat6 / Cat7 Ethernet cable for the eero to ONT connection.

The Future Fibre Support Hub is your go-to resource for information, guides and LiveChat with the Future Fibre Team.

Future Fibre Support Hub

LiveChat to the Future Fibre team

Opening hours are here:  When to contact TalkTalk?

TIP - Scroll down the Future Fibre Support Hub page to GET IN TOUCH. if you don't see a blue Chat now button then pause tracker blocking in the browser, ad-blockers or similar blocking software to avoid conflict with LiveChat's operation.

Calls to the Future Fibre team on 0345 172 0074 are free from a TalkTalk home 'phone but otherwise are at a standard landline call rate or included in your UK mobile allowance.

Future Fibre Help

Future Fibre - Installation

Future Fibre - ONT Lights Guide

Future Fibre - Digital voice adapter and eero

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes