NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed dropped from 150 to 75 after FTTP installed: farcical customer service

Cypher
Conversation Starter
Message 52 of 52

Last Friday Cityfibre engineers connected me to FTTP (this was 2 days after they were supposed to turn up, they no-showed and I got no notification). Speed tests conducted by both me and the engineer showed that the download speed had been halved to 75 mbps. He said that maybe Talktalk needed to do something on their end to improve the speed.

On Monday I contacted Talktalk via on the online chat system. After an hour of chatting to two different advisers I was told that the speed drop was due to the fluctuation that can occur shortly after a connection. I said that an immediate and consistent speed drop from 150 to 75 does not constitute a 'fluctuation'.

She then said it might be my router, and asked if I had an 'eeso'. I had no idea what an eeso was, but apparently it's a router Talktalk were supposed to supply to me so that my fibre connection works properly and gives me the right speed. She said she would send me one. Guess what just arrived? A Wi-fi Hub 2, which is the exact same router I already have.

And my speed is still half of what I'm paying for. Can someone please sort this out?

0 Likes
51 REPLIES 51

Cypher
Conversation Starter
Message 1 of 52

This is the contact so far:

May 3rd:

Thank you for speaking to me yesterday. 
I have now logged the call back with our sales team. 
Once they have responded, I will update you again to give a timeframe

May 4th:
I am still waiting on an update regarding what we discussed this morning. 
I will be in touch tomorrow morning, as I am chasing up a response now.

May 5th:
Apologies, I am still waiting on an update. 
I will keep you informed via email and call you when I have a timeframe.

May 9th:
This issue has now been passed onto another colleague. However, your complaint case remains with me. 
I am now in contact with this colleague and will provide a timeframe as soon as possible.

May 11th:
Just another update to confirm this is still being looked into. 
I apologise for the delay.

May 20th:
I just wanted to send another update to keep you informed. 
I have not had an update from our technical team regarding the upgrade, as of yet, but please leave this with me and I will get this sorted.

It is now nearly 2 months since I made this thread, and for some reason Talktalk is still struggling to switch my speed from 75 to 150. Just what the hell is the problem?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 52

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Are the team keeping in contact with you?

Thanks

0 Likes

Cypher
Conversation Starter
Message 3 of 52

May 16th and this is still "being looked into" according to the case manager. How long does it take this company to provide a customer with the correct service?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 52

Hi,

I've raised the complaint now and passed this straight to our CEO Complaints Team now and have that this is picked up ASAP.

Thanks

0 Likes

Cypher
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 52

Respectfully, please stop asking me if you can fix the problem and just fix it, thank you.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 52

Hi,

Just to add to this, I've also fed this back to my manager as you should have been contacted. If you would like me to raise this to our CEO Team then please post back here to confirm and we can escalate this straight away for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 52

Hi,

As this will be a CEO complaint escalation then this will usually be quite quickly. Are you ok for me to raise this now? The previous team was the Future Fibre Team.

Thanks

0 Likes

Cypher
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 52

When will they call, Christmas? It's been 25 days and counting since you guys told me you would phone me to fix your mistake.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 52

Morning,

I'm really sorry about this. I can raise this as a complaint and request for the Complaints Team to contact you instead. Would that be ok?

Thanks

0 Likes

Cypher
Conversation Starter
Message 10 of 52

Still no contact. Let this thread be a warning to anyone thinking of joining Talktalk. The old networks are being phased out soon so they offer to upgrade me to FTTP, they do it, they mess it up, and now they're not interested in fixing it.  My internet still drops out when I use the phone, that's still not been fixed either.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 52

Hi Cypher,

I'm sorry about this. I'll ask them to contact you ASAP

Chris

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 12 of 52

Sorry to see this, I have re-escalated it for you. 

0 Likes

Cypher
Conversation Starter
Message 13 of 52

Guess who hasn't called me yet, give you a clue it begins with T

0 Likes

Message 14 of 52

Morning,

I'm really sorry. I've contacted the team again now.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 52

No-one's called me yet btw....

0 Likes

Message 16 of 52

Hello,

I've contacted the team now and have asked them to contact you directly ASAP.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 17 of 52

Alright then

0 Likes

Message 18 of 52

Hi,

Would it be easier if I arrange for someone to contact you directly from the FTTP Team to go through everything with you?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 19 of 52

Just to be clear about what will happen if I cancel:

1) My fibre connection will be disconnected (via Talktalk, not engineers coming to property)

2) My current Fibre 150 broadband deal including unlimited phone calls that I started in January on the landline will remain connected

3) I will have to contact Talktalk myself to arrange a new FTTP deal

0 Likes

Message 20 of 52

Hi,

Ok, just before I ask them to do this can I just confirm that you would be happy to contact sales directly once this is cancelled to replace the FTTP order as unfortunately we can't re-place the order via the Community?

Thanks

0 Likes