Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam Caller saying they're TalkTalk ???, from 07378905544

MichaelRG
Team Player
Message 4 of 4

Re 07378 905544
After TalkTalk first offered me a Future Fibre update by Email, I clicked the DECLINE link, but then got texts from Openreach saying they were coming to install it !?!.
An Engineer did turn up on the date, but he was from Kelly Communications, having no knowledge of the cancellation, and I confirmed on the TalkTalk website "CHAT" link I HAD declined it. Days later I have had texts, asking for my Full Name and (Landline ?!?) number, (which TalklTalk would surely clearly know), and saying that in order to cancel !?! the order they must access my account, and 'verify me through security'. Needless to say I did not reply giving any of these details, and since you CAN'T phone the number back, (Phone just immediately disconnects), must assume the caller is NOT TalkTalk, Openreach, or Kelly Communications .... is it ?!? ... Googling the number does imply this ... https://who-called.co.uk/Number/07378905544

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

It could be OpenReach. They should be the only ones contacting you by text about an order with us. If you've cancelled disregard the messages. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

MichaelRG
Team Player
Message 2 of 4

Thanks, but I had 'declined' an upgrade by Email, and confirmed it WAS cancelled using 'online chat', (the operator saying a note had been put on my account so I would NOT hear any more about this).

I then got several MORE texts from 07378 905544, asking me to get in touch, asking for my TalkTalk PHONE NUMBER too which surely would be known TO TalkTalk, and  saying they'd '"need to access my account and verify me through security". After Googling the number, it appears this is a Scam trying to get account info !?!, (UNLESS YOU CAN CONFIRM this number actually IS TalkTalk ?!?)....... the long, current top, comment, dated 28/2/22, is from myself >> https://who-called.co.uk/Number/07378905544

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi MichaelRG, if you haven't placed any orders with TalkTalk then you need to call and let us know as someone is obviously trying to provide a service against your address. If you have then it's likely we're trying to get in touch and again I'd recommend calling us or live chatting. At least that way you know you're using the right contact information.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.