Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP CCTV camera not working

Lmperrott
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

I've got a fast 364 router. Recently chs he'd from Sky. Our IP cctcv cameras worked fine on Sky broadband. They are connected via ethernet cable (via power line plugs) but after 20 minutes or so they dissappear off the network. We have to turn router and cameras off and on again. Tried port forwarding but it doesn't help. We have Hikvision cameras. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

You are not interfering at all, at the moment I am waiting for the full details about this problem.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Livingstonenow
Team Player
Message 2 of 4

Keith French will know far more than I do on this but just checking that you've reserved an IPv4 address in the DHCP settings for the device(s) that you're using? For example, if the cameras are feeding an NVR which is then connected to the router via ethernet you'll need to ensure that the NVR has a reserved ip address.

(Please tell me to shut up if I'm interfering rather than helping Keith).

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

It is very difficult to say what might be causing this, as you have not included much detail. Please can you elaborate:-

1. What are the model numbers of these cameras & do they connect direct to the router invidually, or are they part of a DTR scenario?
  2. How are you trying to access the cameras when you have the problem, locally within the property, remotely direct into the cameras from the internet, or are they automatically uploaded to some server?
  3. If from the internet direct into the cameras:-
  • What TCP or UDP ports need to be forwarded?
  • Are you trying to access the cameras via the router's WAN IP address or a DDNS domain?
  • Please include screenshots of all of the port forwarding configuration you have set up

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?