Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Teamviewer blocked again

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
First Timer
When I originally joined Talktalk I had to get customer support to unblock TeamViewer which I use for supporting family members. This has been ok until I tried to use it 2 weeks ago...once again it's being blocked . 

I called customer service and all they did was was test the line. Cycled the home safe scam setting from off to on to off. When this failed to make any difference they said to power off my router for 30 mins which would force a new IP address on the router and said that will fix it. Well I got a new IP address but still no TeamViewer access.  Haven't had time to call them again but don't have much confidence in their technical skills to be honest.

Are there any competent TalkTalk engineers that know how to fix this rather than a poke and hope approach ?
IT experienced
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi brispaul,

If scam protection is off then teamviewer shouldn't be blocked at our end. Do you get an error message when you try to connect to Teamviewer?

Chris

First Timer

Hi Chris,  The error message I was getting was the standard browser message saying the site could not be reached, and within the Teamviwer app just saying it could not establish a connection to the team viewer servers. nothing from homesafe to say it was blocked. 

However if I updated my DNS on my PC to 1.1.1.1 it worked, and also if I used the mobile network on my phone it worked too either just browsing the TViewer site or actually using the remote functionality.

However I assume something has finally updated on my router as I can once again access it and the remote control seems to be working again.

I dont use it that often, just to help family out so annoying when I do need to help, and it doesnt work. Its more of an issue now that we are all trying to self isolate so support is important just to help my 75 year old mum order groceries etc.  The fact that I can access it via changing my DNS will have to be my fallback.

Thanks  Paul

IT experienced
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Paul

It is safe to leave your DNS changed, I myself use google - 8.8.8.8  & 8.8.4.4 with no issues.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE