Did you mean: 
Need help?

Port Forwarding on New Sagemcom Fast 5364 Issue

ANSWERED
7 REPLIES 7
parachute_man
First Timer

@OCE_Karl @steved131 @KeithFrench 

Dear all, was the Port Forwarding issue ever solved for the Wifi hub / Sagemcom Fast 5364?

I have spent a good day trying all sort of settings with no success at all.

I am trying open port 80 for http and port 3389 for Remote Desktop.

Thanks.

KeithFrench
Community Star

There has never been any issues with port forwarding on this router at all. What testing are you doing that fails. With RDP you may have to get Scam Protection disabled and you will definitely need to allow these connections through any personal firewalls on the devics that you are trying to forward to.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

parachute_man
First Timer

I have disabled Scam Protection but it makes no difference.

As well as RDP I am also trying to setup a webserver on port 80. Checking on port checkers show that the port is open, so it must be something about the way it forwards internally? The internal host address works fine inside the network.

This is the post I am refering to with similar issues. https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Port-Forwarding-on-New-Sagemcom-Fast-5364-Issue/...

I attach the configuration - any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.Capture.JPG

KeithFrench
Community Star
Solution

If the port reports open, there is nothing wrong with the TalkTalk network, router or any firewall you may have on this machine or basic setup of the web server. How are you testing this, as I think you may be generating loopback traffic?

If you try to connect to the web server from a device locally connected to your router & try to connect to either the router's WAN IP address or DDNS domain, you are going out to the internet & back in again. This is classed as loopback traffic and all TalkTalk routers consider this a security risk & block such traffic. What you need to do is test from a phone that is disconnected from the Wi-Fi and is using 3/4G to connect to the web server, or try from a different internet connection such as another broadband link.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

parachute_man
First Timer

I was indeed testing from a machine locally connected to the router. However I have now tried from my phone and a different braodband connection and unfortunately it still says unable to connect. 

Any more hints or areas would be much appreciated!

KeithFrench
Community Star

First to save any confusion, assuming that the web server is running on a Windows pc, when you say that the port is open, you are using a site like:-

https://portchecker.co

and not simply netstat?

Keith

parachute_man
First Timer

@KeithFrench I made the error of having the linux webserver switched off while testing it away from home.

I've now tried it on my mobile with the server running and it works!

As you rightly deduced it was due to loopback traffic.  Thanks again for your help. Don't think I would have ever worked this out by myself. :thumbsup:

KeithFrench
Community Star

No problem @parachute_man  glad to help.

Keith