FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet keep disconnecting after upgrade

Choong
Team Player
Message 32 of 32

After upgrading my fibre to fibre 65. The 2.4ghz channel keeps disconnecting and 30 mins later it will drop internet.

I have done a soft and hard reset but still the problem continues. I have left the router off for 2-3 hours and still no joy.

any suggestions I can try as it is becoming a nightmare.

0 Likes
31 REPLIES 31

Message 1 of 32

Thanks for the update Tony, glad to hear it's been stable

Chris

Message 2 of 32

Hi all,

just to give an update...I manage to get an third party router and so far my internet has been stable (without disconnection) for over a week.
Have not tried back with the original talk talk router yet

Thanks
Tony

Message 3 of 32
0 Likes

Message 4 of 32
Thank you Karl.

I will try and borrow one and let you know the outcome

Regards
Tony
0 Likes

Message 5 of 32

Hey,

No Problem 🙂.  I'm not going anywhere.

Most decent VDSL compatible routers will work with TalkTalk.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 6 of 32
Thanks Karl, sorry for the late reply.
I will try and borrow another branded router first and then decide on the engineer 🙂

any advice on what type of router will work with talk talk?

Thank you
Tony
0 Likes

Message 7 of 32

Hi

I can see we sent you the wifi hub about 10 days ago. If the same issue is still happening with this, then I don't think this is going to be a router issue.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 32
sure, thank you Karl
is there another brand of router that talk talk uses?

Regards
Tony
0 Likes

Message 9 of 32

Hi

If a fault is found outside, then there are no charges.  We can provide another router for testing if you want to rule this out fully before an engineer is sent.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 10 of 32

Hi,

I see 😞 knowing my luck it be working fine when the engineer check 😞

Is there not anything else can be done?

As it only started to happen when I upgrade my fibre and a new contract 😞 nothing has changed inside my home, no new equipment or toy...

I saw a lot of new cable going in on the street... will cause something?

Don't really want to be out of pocket :S

Thanks

Tony 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 32

Hi

There are conditions with every engineer that you have to accept prior to any booking.

The conditions are here.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 12 of 32
Hi Chris,

Is this chargeable?
if not yes please

Regards
Tony
0 Likes

Message 13 of 32

OK thanks. If you're still getting disconnected then we can arrange an engineer visit. If you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 32

Hi Chris,

the issue is still there 😞
I got disconnected around 9:20 this morning and 2.4ghz disconnected 30mins-ish before.

Have not really been using the net much over the weekend. But did notices the drops are less frequent.

Thanks
Tony

0 Likes

Message 15 of 32

Hi Tony,

How has it been over the weekend? I can see that there were a lot of disconnections on the 15th but appears to have been better since

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 32
Hi Michelle,

The test socket has a dial tone and can call and receive calls.
There is no internet signal from the test socket

Thanks
Tony
0 Likes

Message 17 of 32

Hi Choong,

Thanks for trying and I'm sorry to hear this. Is there a dial tone at the test socket if you connect a phone?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 18 of 32

Hi Debbie/Ferguson,

I have managed to remove it today and plug in a micro filter from the router and no internet from the test socket.  I left it on for 10mins and the router only flashes the orange light.

IMG_8291.jpgIMG_8290.jpgIMG_8289.jpg

0 Likes

Message 19 of 32

Hi Choong

As Ferguson has advised, if you remove the screws then the lower section of the face plate should come away to reveal the test socket underneath.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 20 of 32

OK, well just unscrewing the bottom faceplate should not lead to the whole thing coming off, although it does look like an awkward installation. If there are wires attached to the back of it that is quite normal if you have extension sockets. 

0 Likes