Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A QUESTION OF SPEED!

TheHornedOne
Insightful One
Message 9 of 9

Further to my previous posts; WHY would my internet connection display such a sudden, dramatic and significant, albeit temporary, improvement in performance - as displayed by the plots between the two red plot markers - in the course of an otherwise downward trend?

pva .pdf

~R.

8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

@TheHornedOne wrote: ...I am not seeking help Community Star Gondola, I an seeking answers! What I need is someone to, speculate...

Great speculation @Chris-TalkTalk. I concur. Increasing noise on the line due to aluminium oxide jointing that self-heals and then gradually gets worse once more.

But then @TheHornedOne could go to his ISP and request help.

I speculate that the Fibre to the Cabinet VDSL speeds are 10 times the ADSL speeds so it begs the question why hasn't @TheHornedOne upgraded to fibre? At least Openreach work to a handback threshold speed for VDSL so if the speed isn't met because of a deteriorating line then the ISP can request Openreach sort out the issue.

Well, that's my speculation as requested.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi TheHornedOne,

It's hard to say really. Possibly variations in wireless interference (if connected by wifi), variations in background noise on the line. 

Chris

Message 3 of 9

I do not need anyone to 'take a look' at my connection speeds; as I pointed out, I have connection speeds by the shed-load; and I am not seeking help Community Star Gondola, I an seeking answers!

What I need is someone to, speculate at least, on the reason[s] for the ongoing, slowly diminishing download connection speed?  The expertise does not appear to be forthcoming however!

~R.

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 14.44.59.png

Message 4 of 9

Are you a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband customer?  You would help TalkTalk to help you if you updated your Community profile with the TalkTalk customer account holder details as requested by Chris-TalkTalk.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

TheHornedOne
Insightful One
Message 5 of 9

I have been running the same internet access connection since 17 March 2003, and I am currently referencing over 4000 down/up-load readings dating back to 6 April 2018, so I am more than familiar with the connections idiosyncrasies.  I therefore fail to understand how a single, isolated 'line check', might yield any, cause / effect, answers to an ongoing situation!

Postulate if you wish, but I am looking for a reason[s] why, the connection should display such a dramatic increases and decreases in performance - circled area -  albeit across such a short period of time, and / or, why this performance was accompanied by intermittent, frequent, often lengthy, total outages? - pva Performance Test 20211021 Speedtest Chart #1.pdf

I am also looking for a reason[s] why, the connection continues to display a slow, yet noticeable, degeneration in download ability, from average values approaching 6.00mb/s, to average values a little over 4.50mb/s -  as displayed by the trend line - over such a long period of time? - pva Performance Test 20211021 Speedtest Chart #1.pdf

I am aware that upload figures do not shadow this fact, ironically!

~R.

Message 6 of 9

Hi TheHornedOne

If you'd like us to take a look at your speeds can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

Message 7 of 9

As requested @Michelle-TalkTalk ....................

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/Internet-keeps-dropping-out-engineer-booked/td-p/28211...

Posts 24 & 37

Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 11.18.55Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 11.18.55 ~R.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 9

Morning,

I can't see your previous post, when did you post this? How is the speed at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes