FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faster Fibre with Speed Boost - Nightmare situation ever since joining TalkTalk

AshAlex
Conversation Starter
Message 30 of 30

My speed has been downgraded from 48 MBPS to 36 MBPS after having opted out of the mysterious charge of £4 for "Multi Room TV" and my speed boost has been removed.

TalkTalk cancelled my speed boost without informing me and downgraded my Fibre to normal broadband. I was sold or rather missold Faster Fibre with speed boost ,please see attached. Loyalty team put back my fibre broadband but removed my boost. I am being informed that my line cant handle speed boost which I have been happy with for the past 3 months with.

I am no where close to the speed I was on a couple of days ago, all because of the extra charge being cancelled.

I have lodged a separate case about that here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Billing-Your-account-MyTalkTalk/4-Increase-for-TV/m-p/2321831#M2...

I want my speed reinstated. I have had the same problem within 3 months of being with you and for no fault of mine.

FIX MY SPEED BACK TO WHAT IT WAS....PLEASE , I have spent 2 hours on the phone in the past two days already. Stop messing customers about. Attached is what I was sold and I moved to TalkTalk because of what was being offered.

29 REPLIES 29

AshAlex
Conversation Starter
Message 1 of 30

@Debbie-TalkTalk  after your intervention I did receive a call from the CEO's office. Thank you.

Outcome -

Situation remains the same no increase in speed and TalkTalk cant offer me what they had advertised and committed to when I signed up.

Only solution offered was to leave without paying a penalty charge.

My package has been discounted though which is cheaper than any of the other providers at the moment so I am going to see it through till the end of the contract.

Just wanted to say that your team by far have been and are the only saving grace which TalkTalk customers have, the phone support and chat support have been abysmal. My problem has not been resolved and I unfortunately have resigned from taking out any more of my time and energy to do anything else with this.

Ash

0 Likes

Message 2 of 30

Thanks Debbie.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 30

Hi AshAlex

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I have contacted our CEO's Office now and requested that you are contacted as soon as possible.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 30

@Debbie-TalkTalk another deadline not met, a week since we were first contacted via email by the CEO's office.

Apology email received from the CEO's office for not getting in touch on Friday 15th March, confirming I would be called today. 

No one has contacted me today too 🙂

0 Likes

Message 5 of 30

Hi AshAlex

Thanks for keeping us updated. Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 30

@Debbie-TalkTalk  Gmorning! We got an email on Friday apologizing for the delay and our case manager apparently has been away. I am expecting a call post 1030 hrs today.

Thanks for checking.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 30

Hi AshAlex 

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Has the complaints manager contacted you since your last post?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 30

CEO's office made contact via email 4 days ago , saying that I have a dedicated case manager blah blah. My dedicated case manager obviously has been tackling the current Brexit deal as she is never available and hasn't answered any of my voicemails which I have left every day for the past 4 days now.

Shocking? Not really, expected of TalkTalk. Shame that the customers have to chase and get no response. Absolutely frustrated with the service.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 30

@Michelle-TalkTalk thank you.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 30

Hi AshAlex,

Just to advise, it can take up to 5 working days to be contacted.

Thanks

0 Likes

AshAlex
Conversation Starter
Message 11 of 30

Still havent heard anything from the CEO's office emoticon.quiet.title

Message 12 of 30

Thank you @Debbie-TalkTalk 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 30

Hi AshAlex

I've escalated your complaint to our CEO's Office and a Complaints Manager will contact you to discuss this as soon as possible.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

AshAlex
Conversation Starter
Message 14 of 30

@Michelle-TalkTalk @Karl-TalkTalk 

Can you please confirm if my complaint has been forwarded to the CEO's office? I was given this Complaint number 1-000-0050916126-0 - by Mark (Customer Service Manager)

Thank you

0 Likes

AshAlex
Conversation Starter
Message 15 of 30

@Chris-TalkTalk Could you please confirm if this has been escalated to the CEO's office. Thank you

0 Likes

AshAlex
Conversation Starter
Message 16 of 30
Exact same predicament , the online community team who normally are on top of their game cant help too. I am waiting for an update from the CEO's office.

Lawrie-lpv
Chatterbox
Message 17 of 30

This additional £4/month charge  for Talktalk TV which I’ve never used or agreed to have appeared on my bill with no warning or explanation on the 2nd month of my contract, during which time TalkTalk TV appeared on my BT YouView box, but was never used as we have a Netflix contract.!!!
Ten minutes after they agreed to remove the charge which they unilaterally applied, I get an email which said:
‘The advertised download speed for your TalkTalk package was 36Mb/s. As part of our mission to make broadband fairer for everyone, we’re giving you a clearer look at the speeds you can expect’

The guaranteed speed figures stated in the email were 0 Mb!.
My contract didn’t mention the guaranteed speed only applied to TALKTALK TV subscribers, which I never signed up to!
I can’t check my new ”fair policy” speed till I get back home in mid March, but should the speed be compromised I consider that a breach of my original contract speed ( again, there was no initial reference originally in the agreement to the speed being linked to my having, at any time, the TalkTalk TV facility).
Sorry all, but I see this as a very sneaky way of *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* us for an additional £4/month on pain of a reduction in speed if not taking up the TalkTalk TV option.
If so, I’m off to report to OFCOM and BBC Watchdog and cancelling my contract for breach of contract on TalkTalk’s part.
Im we’ll pd off with all of this and having to waste my time dealing with it.

Lawrie

AshAlex
Conversation Starter
Message 18 of 30

bump

0 Likes

Message 19 of 30

@Chris-TalkTalk can you confirm this has been escalated to the CEO's office please?

I was given this Complaint number 1-000-0050916126-0 - by Mark (Customer Service Manager)

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 20 of 30

Hi AshAlex,

If you'd like to discuss leaving can you please contact our Loyalty Team, there's more information here - Cancel your TalkTalk service

Chris

0 Likes