Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kicked out of live chat now can't reconnect to discuss issue

Sixstringninja
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 12

I notice my BB speed is not meeting the minimum speed it's supposed to receive - between 85 and 90mbps and I should be getting a minimum of 107mbps. When it was first installed I received close to 140mbps. I appreciate that there is some stabilization that happens but now I'm receiving significantly slower speeds for no apparent reason. 

I have been through the troubleshooting steps multiple times to get the live chat link which now doesn't work. There's no obvious way to get hold of a contact number on the website but I know the lines are shut on a Sunday. 

It's incredibly frustrating to go through the support loop multiple times to get a chat link that doesn't work and no further information on how to contact anyone. Out of desperation I'm posting here, fully expecting nothing to happen until Monday at the earliest but would appreciate some assistance. I'm confident there isn't an issue with my equipment so I believe there is an issue that I need TalkTalk to correct but I can't raise it with anyone!?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi Sixstringninja,

I'm sorry to hear that your speed can't be improved. If you could speak to our loyalty team they should be able to do this for you, there are contact details here

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hi Chris, thanks for your assistance. The Openreach engineer visited, ran some tests and advised that due to line length we can't reach the minimum speed of 107mbps as per my contract stably. He advised that I should ask to switch down from a G-Fast connection to VDSL package which will have lower bandwidth but more stable. I appreciate it may take some time for that to be passed through the system and confirmed but I will want to look at changing my package and request some sort of correction as I was sold the wrong product.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi Sixstringninja

I've booked the appointment for September 06 2021, AM (08:00-13:00) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi Chris, security stuff all done. Regarding availability I'm available at any time as of Monday 6th September. I accept the potential charges.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi Sixstringninja,

If you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges

• Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi Debbie, yes please. I'm away at the moment but any time from next week onwards please (week beginning 6th September).

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi Sixstringninja

Would you like me to arrange an Openreach engineer visit?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Thank you for your reply. We currently have CityFibre outside of the property laying cable. That's the only change I'm aware of that might have affected service.

0 Likes

Sixstringninja
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 12

Thank you for the reply. I tried on both mobile and on my laptop and got the same issue, a link to launch chat but no response when clicking the button. Thank you for pointing out that I needed to complete my profile for staff assistance though. 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 12

Hi Sixstringninja

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which has detected a potential fault towards the property and Openreach are requesting that we arrange an engineer visit.

Have any changes been made to your set up since the installation?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

Chat  should be working, if you disable ad blockers etc, or try a different browser, @Sixstringninja.

Sometimes they are simply busy and you need to refresh the page. The link is here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

When open, the main phone contact numbers are 03451 720046 and 03451 720088.

Staff will not be back on the forum before Tuesday. If you need them to follow up, please add your Talktalk landline number to your community forum profile details for them to identify your account. Go via your avatar/name; settings; Launch Profile Wizard. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.